British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ACTUALLY there are limitations on the size and shape of the track that can be installed... for many and especially those who return year after year it is the occasion, the atmosphere and the whole day that combines to make it special. 

Very true, my work colleague in Swindon has only been to one speedway meeting, the last Cardiff GP. He thought it was excellent. Disappointed it's not on again this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

And then you spend two hours bored to death by follow the leader garbage.  If this is it for Cardiff, then good riddance.  It's rubbish,  and has been from day one.

I seen some excellent races and good meetings at Cardiff, live and on tv. The atmosphere was up there with Wembley.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rocket87 said:

Lets hope so.  Cardiff is pants.  Terrible racing, astronomical prices, stadium half empty.  Nothing to do in the city.

Belle Vue can showcase speedway in a way Cardiff can only dream of.

Totally agree:t:I go there everyday for work;)The City is a building site,end of;)Physically assaulted last week by a local junkie during my work break outside the railway station:rolleyes:

Been once for the GP and had a free ticket too in a partially full stadium.Has anyone been when it's rammed and you can't hear what the person seated next to you is saying?:blink:Riders getting hammered in pubs then pouring pints over decent folk.:rolleyes:

Apart from all the above it's a great City to visit:t: 

The University have agreed to carry our 2020/2021 rooms booking forward to 2022, and as we have prepaid, that price will be honoured for 2022.

That is assuming that the 2022 GP takes place outside of University term times.

21 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Very true, my work colleague in Swindon has only been to one speedway meeting, the last Cardiff GP. He thought it was excellent. Disappointed it's not on again this year.

There's loads like him, just go to bloody Cardiff cos of the "occasion" tch!  Each to their own though ......

On 4/18/2021 at 1:43 PM, The Doctor... said:

That's simply not true. I think we get it that you don't like the Cardiff Gp and Cardiff itself for whatever reason, but to say it's been follow the leader since day one is guff.  

That's not exactly true though is it.... remember Chris Harris following the leader Greg Hancock in the final in 2007 for 3 laps and 3 bends... BORING! :rofl:

• Like 1

New dates for the qualifiers:

19 June - TBC - Qualifying Round - TBC - TBC
19 June - ACU - Qualifying Round - Glasgow - Scotland
19 June - FMI - Qualifying Round - Terenzano - Italy
19 June - HMS - Qualifying Round - Goričan - Croatia
21  August - SMF - Challenge - Žarnovica - Slovakia

54 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT now ....

Sorry , just saw it listed and did not read cancelled.

19 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

New dates for the qualifiers:

19 June - TBC - Qualifying Round - TBC - TBC
19 June - ACU - Qualifying Round - Glasgow - Scotland
19 June - FMI - Qualifying Round - Terenzano - Italy
19 June - HMS - Qualifying Round - Goričan - Croatia
21  August - SMF - Challenge - Žarnovica - Slovakia

Thanks,

Edited by topaz325

13 minutes ago, BomberHammer said:

Who updates the bspa/speedwaygb web site  ?,

Still nothing on there about the british gp being cancelled,

Thanks

That`s what the Speedway GP website is for surely ?  

DEPENDING on the Covid situation at the time and whether spectators are allowed in, wouldn't be surprised to see some double headers in Poland later in the year.