British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DEPENDING on the Covid situation at the time and whether spectators are allowed in, wouldn't be surprised to see some double headers in Poland later in the year.

I see Warsaw being cancelled again, and the end of season double headers in Poland as an almost certainty. Wroclaw, Gorzow and Torun again I expect, although a double header at Bydgoszcz would be a awesome addition.

21 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

New dates for the qualifiers:

19 June - TBC - Qualifying Round - TBC - TBC
19 June - ACU - Qualifying Round - Glasgow - Scotland
19 June - FMI - Qualifying Round - Terenzano - Italy
19 June - HMS - Qualifying Round - Goričan - Croatia
21  August - SMF - Challenge - Žarnovica - Slovakia

19 June - ACU - Qualifying Round - Glasgow - Scotland Great Britain

:D

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

I realy doubt Togliatti.

CURRENTLY can have 50 per cent crowd attendance, hoping for 100 per cent by the time date comes round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CURRENTLY can have 50 per cent crowd attendance, hoping for 100 per cent by the time date comes round.

Hopefully the borders will be open by then :)

On 4/20/2021 at 12:07 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

New dates for the qualifiers:

19 June - TBC - Qualifying Round - TBC - TBC
19 June - ACU - Qualifying Round - Glasgow - Scotland
19 June - FMI - Qualifying Round - Terenzano - Italy
19 June - HMS - Qualifying Round - Goričan - Croatia
21  August - SMF - Challenge - Žarnovica - Slovakia

Nagyhalasz will stage the first quali.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rocket87 said:

Lets hope so.  Cardiff is pants.  Terrible racing, astronomical prices, stadium half empty.  Nothing to do in the city.

Belle Vue can showcase speedway in a way Cardiff can only dream of.

Belle Vue is in a dump of an area, nowhere to walk to and stadium facilities are awful. I assume you were joking. :D

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Belle Vue is in a dump of an area, nowhere to walk to and stadium facilities are awful. I assume you were joking. :D

Perhaps Rocket87 should have said “Belle Vue can showcase speedway racing in a way Cardiff can only dream of”. That would be true.

To say Belle Vue is in a dump area,  I reckon more then a few local residents would have a lot to say about that. A lot of new housing development in the immediate area, with schools etc very close by to them (and the stadium). 

No-one wants to walk around houses though. Cardiff has such a great feel on GP day, the city is easy to walk around, easy to get food and drink plus its easy to get to/from. Belle Vue can't come anywhere near that experience.  This is where promoters go wrong, people want atmosphere and an experience. Plenty of great racing tracks have struggled to get fans in. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No-one wants to walk around houses though. Cardiff has such a great feel on GP day, the city is easy to walk around, easy to get food and drink plus its easy to get to/from. Belle Vue can't come anywhere near that experience.  This is where promoters go wrong, people want atmosphere and an experience. Plenty of great racing tracks have struggled to get fans in. 

I wasn’t suggesting fans “want to walk around houses”.

I was making reference to your derogatory comment when you said Belle Vue is in a dump area.

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

To say Belle Vue is in a dump area,  I reckon more then a few local residents would have a lot to say about that. A lot of new housing development in the immediate area, with schools etc very close by to them (and the stadium). 

It's not a dump, but it's not a central city area with amenities from what I've seen. 

I was simply defending the area around Belle Vue, that it is not a dump.

My views on Cardiff as home for the British Gran Prix I have made known numerous occasions.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:54 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I was simply defending the area around Belle Vue, that it is not a dump.

My views on Cardiff as home for the British Gran Prix I have made known numerous occasions.

Don't be so sensitive, perhaps I should have said not an attractive area for walking around but the comparison was with a beautiful city centre all within an easy walk. Most fans want the experience, diehard fans want the best racing. For example F1 is awful racing but we'll supported. 

On 4/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rocket87 said: