British Speedway Forum

Interestingly the WRU have announced a friendly with Argentina, on the 17th of July in the Principality.

Well the stadium is now free, one of the reasons bsi gave for cancelling the gp was transport needed to be booked for shale etc without knowing what rules the Welsh government would have, so disappointed no gp but understand reasons, where the Welsh rugby only need the go ahead for a crowd then the game can go ahead  as pitch will already be in place

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, Neila said:

Well the stadium is now free, one of the reasons bsi gave for cancelling the gp was transport needed to be booked for shale etc without knowing what rules the Welsh government would have, so disappointed no gp but understand reasons, where the Welsh rugby only need the go ahead for a crowd then the game can go ahead  as pitch will already be in place

CAN be viable with a much smaller crowd than the SGP would have required

5 hours ago, spiegal said:

I doubt it very much...I would think July at best

still hoping Warsaw gets the go ahead :unsure:

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

still hoping Warsaw gets the go ahead :unsure:

If it does will Boris let fans travel ?? I've decided not to go, as  too many testing hoops to jump through and online forms to complete, even if Poland is on the green list 

I've not kept myself up to date on all the changes, but Speedway GP website still has tomorrow's GP as on (also showing Cardiff as still being on). Had the one for tomorrow been cancelled or postponed?  Also, is there anywhere I can find an up to date list?

8 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I've not kept myself up to date on all the changes, but Speedway GP website still has tomorrow's GP as on (also showing Cardiff as still being on). Had the one for tomorrow been cancelled or postponed?  Also, is there anywhere I can find an up to date list?

Nothing until Prague on 16th/17th July- rest of programme from then on  TBC

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Might look like this:

1 - 16/07 - Prague
2 - 17/07 - Prague

3 - 30/07 - Wroclaw
4 - 31/07 - Wroclaw

5 - 07/08 - Lublin

6 - 14/08 - Malilla

7 - 27/08 - Togliatti
8 - 28/08 - Togliatti

9 - 11/09 - Vojens

10 - 01/10 - Torun
11 - 02/10 - Torun

• Thanks 2

On 6/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Lublin have taken the slot over from Warsaw- date TBC(August 7th probably)

This will be confirmed soon.