British Speedway Forum

With some weekends having 2 championship rounds last year it was a random draw. Presume it will be same again.

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

With some weekends having 2 championship rounds last year it was a random draw. Presume it will be same again.

Yes all rounds are drawn by the FIM and will be announced on the Thursday preceding the GP..

I have covered the practice situation in 2021 in the Prague GP thread.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, eric i said:

wild cards my guess.....

Prague... JAN KVECH

Wroclaw..... Dan Bewley

Lublin.......   Wiktor Lampart

Mallila......  Pontus Aspgren

Russia.... Wiktor Kulakow or Gleb chug if he is still Russian?

Vojens...... Marcus Birkemose 

Torun...... Pawel Przedpelski

Have they decided if there are anymore double GPs? Russia? Torun?

For Målilla the winner of the Swedish final tomorrow will be given the wild card. 

So I guess Chugunov is riding under the Polish flag?

Is the Russian GP going ahead? I thought it was going to be a double GP at one point.

19 minutes ago, eric i said:

So I guess Chugunov is riding under the Polish flag?

Is the Russian GP going ahead? I thought it was going to be a double GP at one point.

Chugunov is a Polish citizen.
Yes going ahead as a single GP - programme of 11 confirmed now

2 in Prague, Wroclaw, Lublin and Torun

1 in Sweden, Russia and Denmark

Edited by racers and royals

On 6/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, eric i said:

wild cards my guess.....

Prague... JAN KVECH

Wroclaw..... Dan Bewley

Lublin.......   Wiktor Lampart

Mallila......  Pontus Aspgren

Russia.... Wiktor Kulakow or Gleb chug if he is still Russian?

Vojens...... Marcus Birkemose 

Torun...... Pawel Przedpelski

Have they decided if there are anymore double GPs? Russia? Torun?

Bewley is not getting a WC for Wroclaw's rounds, they've changed the rules and it has to be a rider competing under the Polish flag, so it'll be Gleb

Tickets for GP in Lublin are on sale here:

https://www.eventim.pl/artist/orlenlublinfimspeedwaygrandprix/

ticket for 1 day - 120 PLN / £22

ticket for 2 days - 200 PLN / £37

direct flights from Luton and Doncaster, due to limited options might be easier to fly to Warsaw instead

Edited by tarkens

Pontus Aspgren will be the wild card for Målilla after finishing 2nd yesterday. 

Kim Nilsson and Joel Andersson will be track reserves at Målilla. 

Edited by Ghostwalker

On 7/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, tarkens said:

Bewley is not getting a WC for Wroclaw's rounds, they've changed the rules and it has to be a rider competing under the Polish flag, so it'll be Gleb

Tickets for GP in Lublin are on sale here:

https://www.eventim.pl/artist/orlenlublinfimspeedwaygrandprix/

ticket for 1 day - 120 PLN / £22

ticket for 2 days - 200 PLN / £37

direct flights from Luton and Doncaster, due to limited options might be easier to fly to Warsaw instead

So what is the current rule?

On 7/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, tarkens said:

If the rule is that a W card for a gp has to be riding under the flag of the host nation that is fine with me. …………. Until one nation has multi gps in a year. Then that nation should only have one gp where the rule applies. For the other gps in that country a rider from any other nation can be selected. That spreads the privilege around a bit.

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

If the rule is that a W card for a gp has to be riding under the flag of the host nation that is fine with me. …………. Until one nation has multi gps in a year. Then that nation should only have one gp where the rule applies. For the other gps in that country a rider from any other nation can be selected. That spreads the privilege around a bit.

Why bother continuening a discussion regarding the rulebook starting with a word IF.

What does the rulebook say for 2021? I’m not bothering to find out, because I bet it dont reveal the true process of the selection.

In order to maintain cordial relationships between the UK and Finland,  here is the 2021 rule and you can make want you want out of it. :)

Wild Card Rider: A Rider nominated by his FMN and approved by the SGP Commission to participate in an individual round of the SGP series.

3.5 Wild Card Rider In each SGP Meeting, 1 Wild Card Rider will be nominated to take part. In the event of a double SGP on consecutive days at the same venue, one Wild Card Rider will be used for both SGP rounds. All FMNs may propose riders. Proposals must be made in writing to the FIM not later than 1 month prior to the meeting. The SGP Commission will make the final approval and nominations.

• Haha 1

Any probable tracks to host a(ny) meeting on Oct 3rd, the sunday after Torun? PZM calendar was empty and dont find a mention of one on the Pitkos site.

8 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Any probable tracks to host a(ny) meeting on Oct 3rd, the sunday after Torun? PZM calendar was empty and dont find a mention of one on the Pitkos site.

Bydgoszcz will probably put a meeting on( if they have any sense :)) golden helmet in Czecho   ????