British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

British grasstrack 2020

Will there be any grasstrack this year, that is the question. An amateur sport staged outside, no different to stock cars that have already restarted.

I doubt this is what you mean but GWR have a closed to the public event on 30th August. No prize money paid out., but £40 entry for solos, £50 for chairs.  Credit the club for a very well considered and presented Covid19 risk assessment which incudes for only riders and officials to be given entry. Sensibly they are asking for vans to be opened for inspection to ensure no unauthorised bodies get in. 

Frittenden have posted that (my interpretation) subject to the clowns in Downing Street getting their act together they could still stage a couple of events in September/October. I suppose they have the field and essential contacts in place (and riders looking for a race) to arrange at short notice but need the official go ahead. As an example of the battle they will face a pre season football  friendly in south east London tonight was only allowed to go ahead on the basis that no spectators could  watch despite it being held on an open field with standing around all 4 sides . In order to access the social club on the same ground you have to walk past one end of the pitch and it has an outside patio where you can see the game from, sitting with other people. Under current government instructions 150 were legally  allowed to drink inside the clubhouse at the same time that none were allowed to stand outside to watch the match. In  the words of the great Dizzee Racal,  "Bonkers".    

• Like 2