British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

British Youth Championship

A great job done by Rob and his team with some fantastic racing 

• Like 2

Well done all involved - a very well run event.

Great to attend a Speedway meeting once again!

Hopefully there will be a few more rounds of the Championship at other tracks.

• Like 1

Crowd limit of 500, with local Councillors in attendance to probably report back their observations. Crowd well spaced out, with 20% perhaps wearing face coverings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Second round at Leicester on 22nd

hopefully a round at The NSS will follow soon after

Behind closed doors. Our liberty lasted for one meeting. If it's not safe at Leicester, don't run it there.

12 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Behind closed doors. Our liberty lasted for one meeting. If it's not safe at Leicester, don't run it there.

It appears there might only be 4 rounds.... so one behind closed doors is unfortunate but better than only 3 rounds

51 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Second round at Leicester on 22nd

hopefully a round at The NSS will follow soon after

I would like to think so, but doesn't Belle Vue have the same problem as Leicester, i.e. a local lockdown.

57 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I would like to think so, but doesn't Belle Vue have the same problem as Leicester, i.e. a local lockdown.

I have just read the gov.uk restrictions reManchester and there is no mention re out doors.

all relates to meetings indoors and in gardens attached to the home.

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

It appears there might only be 4 rounds.... so one behind closed doors is unfortunate but better than only 3 rounds

4 rounds? Conspiracy theory time!

we've had Scunthorpe, we now have Leicester , I’m going for Somerset and Kings Lynn.
I hope the kids get to ride at Belle Vue but Redcar is the only other track that’s open so why hasn’t one been arranged there?
Scunthorpe and Redcar announced their amateur meetings weeks ago and yet the first 2 rounds clash with Redcars events ( not Scunthorpe’s?) so why can’t the powers that be on the top table even sort a calendar out with only 5 tracks running so that there are no clashes ? Surely the more the kids get to ride the better?
The kids love Belle Vue and Redcar , two of the best race tracks in this country.

Yes, I’m biased. I’m from the north west have a chip on my shoulder about Workington and dislike the way the sport is being run , like most of us!

45 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

4 rounds? Conspiracy theory time!

we've had Scunthorpe, we now have Leicester , I’m going for Somerset and Kings Lynn.
I hope the kids get to ride at Belle Vue but Redcar is the only other track that’s open so why hasn’t one been arranged there?
Scunthorpe and Redcar announced their amateur meetings weeks ago and yet the first 2 rounds clash with Redcars events ( not Scunthorpe’s?) so why can’t the powers that be on the top table even sort a calendar out with only 5 tracks running so that there are no clashes ? Surely the more the kids get to ride the better?
The kids love Belle Vue and Redcar , two of the best race tracks in this country.

Yes, I’m biased. I’m from the north west have a chip on my shoulder about Workington and dislike the way the sport is being run , like most of us!

No that is what Neil Vacher said recently on line.

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I agree Tony it doesn’t really make a great deal of sense as to why it is not safe for a few hundred fans to be socially distanced on the terraces but it is for 30 odd riders, plus mechanics and officials to be crammed into the pits! 
Maybe it is just too much aggravation to cater for fans at the moment in which case I can understand the decision.
The important thing though is the youngsters are getting some more competitive action.

6 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

I agree Tony it doesn’t really make a great deal of sense as to why it is not safe for a few hundred fans to be socially distanced on the terraces but it is for 30 odd riders, plus mechanics and officials to be crammed into the pits! 
Maybe it is just too much aggravation to cater for fans at the moment in which case I can understand the decision.
The important thing though is the youngsters are getting some more competitive action.

The chance of a few meetings seems to be getting less Eddie. If Scunny was a pilot event that seemed to run very well, why not hold the next round at a track that can cater for fans. We have to try and get back to some kind of normality. This bug could be here for the long run. We might have to learn to live with it.

Watched the meeting on youtube the youngsters coming to the tapes no delays no gardening just head down get on with it , compere that to the swedish speedway on freesports this morn , the kids could teach the superstars a thing or 2 

• Like 2