British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

British Youth Championship

On 8/15/2020 at 12:34 PM, Tsunami said:

And tickets for the public to go on sale soon. 

I'm suprised Belle Vue isn't behind closed doors, especially with Greater Manchester hovering around the amber mark, regarding bug activity.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

When this league idea was first mentioned by Godfrey it was “ for the kids UP TO NL standard “ , 
Please tell me where those two fit into any of that?

Yes but this is  not a league meeting it is a meeting to keep some interest alive . Where have you seen a anything other regarding the meeting as I can’t find anything else. 

11 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yes but this is  not a league meeting it is a meeting to keep some interest alive . Where have you seen a anything other regarding the meeting as I can’t find anything else. 

You obviously don’t keep up with speedway GB press releases, speedway star or anything else speedway related .

There isn’t any ‘league‘, we all know that , but the idea was to have meetings up to NL standard on an AMATEUR basis to help the kids , not help a couple of mates, one of which was an Elite league regular.

Talking to some of the riders at the weekend even they say it’s a farce and doesn’t do the sport any credit at all.

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

You obviously don’t keep up with speedway GB press releases, speedway star or anything else speedway related .

There isn’t any ‘league‘, we all know that , but the idea was to have meetings up to NL standard on an AMATEUR basis to help the kids , not help a couple of mates, one of which was an Elite league regular.

Talking to some of the riders at the weekend even they say it’s a farce and doesn’t do the sport any credit at all.

What doesn't do the sport any good, is every track shutting up shop. If this bug carries on through the winter and into next spring, will next season be cancelled as well. If that's the case, some clubs will never return.

8 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

So as I understand it you Know all the riders taking part in the meeting and you still don’t feel it’s of national league standard. I would suggest Leicester will have the Thompson twins in and scunny to have jordan I have not heard about Lambert but you could well be right. Personally think I Wayne does ride it’s not a problem as these kids will give him a torrid time. Also in fairness if you are asking people to pay to watch the standard needs to be higher than the amateur level and also none of the riders I’m aware of is classed as a professional 

12 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

So as I understand it you Know all the riders taking part in the meeting and you still don’t feel it’s of national league standard. I would suggest Leicester will have the Thompson twins in and scunny to have jordan I have not heard about Lambert but you could well be right. Personally think I Wayne does ride it’s not a problem as these kids will give him a torrid time. Also in fairness if you are asking people to pay to watch the standard needs to be higher than the amateur level and also none of the riders I’m aware of is classed as a professional 

if the standard or racing is like it was for the youth championship then i for one will be more than happy.be grateful that we are even seeing some live speedway this year.it war a fantastic afternoon the other week, all run very well and 37 races in two and a half hours was a credit to rob and his team, except for the announcer that is, who i couldn't understand over the p.a system.

Just now, Moranboys said:

if the standard or racing is like it was for the youth championship then i for one will be more than happy.be grateful that we are even seeing some live speedway this year.it war a fantastic afternoon the other week, all run very well and 37 races in two and a half hours was a credit to rob and his team, except for the announcer that is, who i couldn't understand over the p.a system.

I can’t disagree with that a fantastic afternoon. It’s always the same with the announcer at scunny I’ve stopped trying to understand him

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I can’t disagree with that a fantastic afternoon. It’s always the same with the announcer at scunny I’ve stopped trying to understand him

Who is the announcer now Andy ?  I gather it's not Graham, and I know it wasn't Rob P cos I was standing with him. Mind you the quality of the equipment left a lot to be desired as it floated away and then came back. 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Who is the announcer now Andy ?  I gather it's not Graham, and I know it wasn't Rob P cos I was standing with him. Mind you the quality of the equipment left a lot to be desired as it floated away and then came back. 

Don’t know him mate rob always calls him Barry but it could be anything mate. In fairness when I get chance to be a spectator I tend to spend lots of time in the bar or chatting with those who we stand with 

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:36 PM, Moranboys said:

The standard of racing is nearly always of a high standard at Scunthorpe. Unfortunately, the announcing is one of the poorest I have known & has been for some time, regularly mentioned on the updates & forum over the past few years. Rob does not seem to have a problem, keeping the microphone close to his mouth when he speaks so this must be the reason that the announcer cannot keep the microphone close to his mouth when reading out details.

Been complaining about the speaker near the stand after the finishing line being poor. Its bad enough the announcer is poor added to the inadequate speaker , folk around me are constantly asking for results, riders etc.

11 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Belle Vue next Thursday, when and where can I buy tickets?

the meeting has not been confirmed yet it ?? it has to get council approval greater m/cr is under local lockdown still my guess we will know tomorrow when covid review is due ??