British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

British Youth Championship

Article says " fans should note under current circumstances everyone must wear a face covering within the Adrian Flux Arena" Are the rules different in Kings Lynn, can anyone enlighten me, I thought they only had to be worn in shops etc not in outdoor open spaces and as far as I am aware they weren't worn at Scunthorpe.  This is a genuine question I'm not trying to be sarcastic etc as I would like to go to the meeting but am unable to wear a face covering.

42 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Article says " fans should note under current circumstances everyone must wear a face covering within the Adrian Flux Arena" Are the rules different in Kings Lynn, can anyone enlighten me, I thought they only had to be worn in shops etc not in outdoor open spaces and as far as I am aware they weren't worn at Scunthorpe.  This is a genuine question I'm not trying to be sarcastic etc as I would like to go to the meeting but am unable to wear a face covering.

If you are unable to wear one i would just tell them, im sure they would be ok as long as the majority are wearing them. 

The Stock Car promotions are asking that you wear a mask at all times inside the stadium so I would expect Speedway to be the same. I went to Aldershot on 26th July and the person in front of me at the entrance explained to the staff member that they could not wear a mask for medical reasons and was allowed in but told to keep away from other spectators so that they did not catch or pass on anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

I wore a mask under my chin at Scunthorpe, in case i needed the toilet. It wasn't compulsory, but a few people chose to wear them.

• Thanks 1

Surely anybody with a medical condition meaning they can’t wear a mask should not be attending a public gathering?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Surely anybody with a medical condition meaning they can’t wear a mask should not be attending a public gathering?

Why should we not be attending public gatherings.  Not all medical conditions are visible.  Myself and many others are able and entitled to make the most of our lives and that includes enjoying/watching sports/theatre/cinema etc.  If I felt unwell I would not be going out in the first place. Just because some of us can't wear a mask doesn't mean we have to lock ourselves away, understanding and tolerance is needed in these uncertain times by everyone.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Why should we not be attending public gatherings.  Not all medical conditions are visible.  Myself and many others are able and entitled to make the most of our lives and that includes enjoying/watching sports/theatre/cinema etc.  If I felt unwell I would not be going out in the first place. Just because some of us can't wear a mask doesn't mean we have to lock ourselves away, understanding and tolerance is needed in these uncertain times by everyone.

Quite agree hammer1969.  I'm  asthmatic, which is getting worse by the year, although still very much controlable, and although I wear a mask in shops etc; I do find they hamper my breathing after a while, and I start to panic.  I've tried Face Shields, but find they mist up all the time.  So whilst I'll wear one at King's Lynn next Sunday, I'll have to keep lifting it up to get some fresh air, which I have to do in shops. 

• Like 2

Looks most likely that Saturday Oct 10th for the Belle Vue round...BSPA PERMITTING.

good decision all round... back to a Saturday

• Like 1

A bit late in the day but I have just watched the youth championship held at Scunthorpe and those who bemoan the quality of racing at this level should take a look again. Heat 6 is just one example. Raw talent reminiscent of speedway in the late sixties and early seventies when grass track riders gave speedway a go. In those days it would throw up some riders who would excite and my most memorable was at Rayleigh when Ivan Miller beat Boston's Arthur Price. What a race for those who were in the stadium on that bank holiday Monday These young lads today deserve every speedway fans support. They get out on track and give it a go and the gutsy performances deserve so much more and not the criticism that seems to be par for the course. Speedway purists will understand,  those who believe the current league set up is the be all and end all a requires the skills of Doyley or similar to make the sport entertaining are deluded. If only tracks like my local, Ipswich , would put on a few of these amateur meetings I am sure the ‘anoraks’ of the sport would support the meetings and many would be happy to pay £10 to watch these lads entertain. To those at grass roots level you are appreciated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone able to text updates from the Kings Lynn round tomorrow (almost today now) please? If so , could you please send me a private message which includes a contact telephone number.

Thanks

On 9/1/2020 at 7:05 AM, Gunner85 said:

Got my ticket for The NSS round on the 10th October

Looking forward to my first meeting.

So have I. Section B in the big Grandstand :D

Another round of the 2020 British Youth Championship is to be staged at Edinburgh on Saturday 19th September, and starting at 4.00pm. Sadly it will be behind closed doors.:(