British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

British Youth Championship

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Another round of the 2020 British Youth Championship is to be staged at Edinburgh on Saturday 19th September, and starting at 4.00pm. Sadly it will be behind closed doors.:( 

But it will be streamed live  :). Details will be available soon.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Another round of the 2020 British Youth Championship is to be staged at Edinburgh on Saturday 19th September, and starting at 4.00pm. Sadly it will be behind closed doors.:( 

Well done Edinburgh.

Not quite sure why it is behind closed doors.. but they have made the effort to put it on.

• Like 1

Belle Vue - 10th October
I bought two tickets for this meeting the minute I heard they were on sale. Strangely only back straight tickets were avialable online but undetered I went ahead. A few days later I spotted postings on here indicating that granstand seats were avialable. I wrote (nicely) to BV asking for an explanation and enquiring if it were possible to exchange my tickets. This was more in hope than expectation.

Well ye of little faith Fd. The nice folks from up north invited me to ring and they would see what could be done. I duly rang this morning and a very pleasant lady cancelled my original purchase, helped me select two very good replacements and chatted for a few minutes about the difficulties of running meetings and the prospects for the SON meeting (nothing new to report, I'm afraid).

I promised to publicly acknowledge BV's assistance in this matter and so that's what I'm doing. Thank you for your gracious treatment of my request for help.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Well done Edinburgh.

Not quite sure why it is behind closed doors.. but they have made the effort to put it on.

Nippy Sweetie and her cohorts rules

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, edmon said:

Nippy Sweetie and her cohorts rules

Translation please !!

Scottish was not a foreign language when I went to school

On 9/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, Gunner85 said:

Translation please !!

Scottish was not a foreign language when I went to school

Nicola Sturgeon (Nippy Sweetie, apparently, is a Scottish term for someone, usually female, who annoys people, just by talking).

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, edmon said:

But it will be streamed live  :). Details will be available soon.

British-Youth-Championship.png

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER - 4:00PM

Coming up on Saturday 19th September, Armadale Stadium plays host to the British Youth Championship. You can watch the match LIVE online for just £5.00.

Details are now available on the live stream which can be found at this link https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2020-09-15/how-to-watch-british-youth-championship-round-4

Edited by edmon

1 hour ago, edmon said:
BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER - 4:00PM

Coming up on Saturday 19th September, Armadale Stadium plays host to the British Youth Championship. You can watch the match LIVE online for just £5.00.

Details: https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2020-09-15/how-to-watch-british-youth-championship-round-4

Having been to every round so far this year (with the exception of my local track Leicester, which was held behind closed doors), I can highly recommend this meeting. And by gum, they do get on with these meetings, signalling the 2 minute warning before the riders from the previous heat have even reached the back straight. I hope the timing of this meeting has not escaped the promotion / referee. They have 2 hours to avoid a clash with the GP.

The fifth round at Belle Vue has now been declared as behind closed doors.

Considering the enormous increase in Manchester re new cases , a perfectly sensible and responsible response.

Hope that it is suitable to provide pay per view

• Like 1

Great to see Jason Crump and Steve Worrall at the BYC at Belle Vue.

Big thank you to both of them

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Great to see Jason Crump and Steve Worrall at the BYC at Belle Vue.

Big thank you to both of them

Wish I could have been there. I had tickets which i'll get a refund for.  I am hearing that the event was filmed and will be available this week..

• Like 1

Saw several clips of finals enjoyed what I have seen,  like the look of the kid called Luke Harrison looked very good in the 250 final, even going into corners without putting his feet down !! One for the future, how old is he and where does he ride at ? Thanks for any info

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Saw several clips of finals enjoyed what I have seen,  like the look of the kid called Luke Harrison looked very good in the 250 final, even going into corners without putting his feet down !! One for the future, how old is he and where does he ride at ? Thanks for any info

Luke Harrision is 13 he is from scunthorpe. He is Wolverhampton mascot however hasn’t had chance to put the 250 round there yet due to some virus thing. He has ridden for Berwick in the junior league for 4 years and rides in as many practice and amateur events as possible.

• Like 3