British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Which shouldn’t come into it as it’s a ‘ trial event ‘ and when was the last time a British Final got that sort of crowd?
We have a National stadium and don’t use it for our biggest domestic meeting ? Crazy!

The BSPA committee sharing out the meetings amongst themselves?

The  attendance will be restricted to 33% of the stadium capacity. So given Foxhall has the largest capacity of any UK speedway stadium it makes perfect sense. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

The  attendance will be restricted to 33% of the stadium capacity. So given Foxhall has the largest capacity of any UK speedway stadium it makes perfect sense. 

Which is very strange when the BSPA are involved :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spl77 said:

not a chance of the crowd being 3k plus be lucky if its 1k !!

25 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Wouldn't have thought it would be less than a league fixture.... B)

• Like 1

Can't see past Cook, King and Lambert on the rostrum...

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

I would think there would be plenty of fans up for it.Probably the one and only chance to see some decent riders riding,even if it is at the foxhole:rolleyes:.

• Like 1

I see this being a massive sell out personally. I ll be desperately trying to secure a ticket when they come available.

Btw they have had many banger meetings recently with 2500 fans (plus 500 drivers, mechanics,marshalls,recovery drivers,medics etc) and the place has looked very well spaced out.

If the same rule applies then face coverings must be warn at all times within the stadium.

• Like 1

I would imagine lots of interest in this meeting, in particular from Ipswich fans and those from those teams around East Anglia..

Hopefully a "full house" (whatever that number is)..

It will be interesting to see the line up..

Will the 'top riders' all want to turn out for a 'one off' meeting or prefer to save things for next year?

Either way, I am sure a decent crowd will be in attendance on a Saturday night, and if they can get 3k in it will be circa 1000 more than attends the British Finals at the NSS when ran on a Monday so more money in the coffers..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geoff58 said:

:rofl:

• Like 1

Good old Geoffrey :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Can't see past Cook, King and Lambert on the rostrum...

It will be interesting to see who wants to compete given lack of meetings.Unless there are other opportunities for meetings after Final some riders might not bother.IMO

• Like 2

Why would you not bother for just one meeting? One meeting is better than none surely? I’d imagine riders would jump at the chance of competing in the British final!