British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Can I ask exactly where the details of the British Championship being held at Ipswich are? 

I have looked on the speedwaygb site and also on the Ipswich website and neither make any mention of it and while other places can do good advertising I would have thought that the two I mention should be among the first places for such news to appear.

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/8477/british-final-plans-given-green

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:05 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Social distancing will still be needed so isnt this the best option....

Yes, I thought it would be at BV for this very reason. Easier to police social distancing when it's an all seater stadium. Which I am assuming BV is? At Ipswich most people stand up in groups, like in Sweden? Only going by camera angles on TV meetings!!

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I thought it would be at BV for this very reason. Easier to police social distancing when it's an all seater stadium. Which I am assuming BV is? At Ipswich most people stand up in groups, like in Sweden? Only going by camera angles on TV meetings!!

What about the massive 3500 seater grandstand on back straight? ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Well......obviously they don't show that on the telly!! ;):P 

46 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Plus the extra 1000 if they can get the 3rd bend seating opened up.......

Also easy to mark the concrete terracing if required  - no messy grass banking at Foxhall anymore

But people don't stand in the same exact spot usually. Maybe they are going to have some spots marked out like supermarkets had when you had to queue outside during lockdown. Unless they are only opening up the grandstand and that's it? :unsure:

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But people don't stand in the same exact spot usually. Maybe they are going to have some spots marked out like supermarkets had when you had to queue outside during lockdown. Unless they are only opening up the grandstand and that's it? :unsure:

Well as the normal max capacity is 10-12,000 I'm sure there is no problem whatever they choose to do :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Would be on British Eurosport i would have thought.

I look forward to the coverage starting at around heat 18

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

I look forward to the coverage starting at around heat 18

Rerun of heat 18 after the exclusion of James Sarjeant for moving at the start

They have held a few stock car events at Foxhall recently so the social distancing stuff should be in place already. Looking forward to it, just hope I'm able to get tickets! 

• Like 1