British Speedway Forum

Considering Chris Louis said there was a couple of things to sort out and then tickets should be on sale at the end of this week or early next week I would have thought some details of sales would be available by now. 

I haven't found anything yet, we don't even know the start time. 

Does anyone know when they are going on sale? 

8 hours ago, Super Blue said:

Considering Chris Louis said there was a couple of things to sort out and then tickets should be on sale at the end of this week or early next week I would have thought some details of sales would be available by now. 

I haven't found anything yet, we don't even know the start time. 

Does anyone know when they are going on sale? 

Think the clue is end of this week or early next week....

Face coverings mandatory? In an open air stadia with limited attendance to easily enable social distancing, we STILL have to stand there for a couple of hours with a bloody mask on?? I’ll give it a miss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Face coverings mandatory? In an open air stadia with limited attendance to easily enable social distancing, we STILL have to stand there for a couple of hours with a bloody mask on?? I’ll give it a miss. 

Too damn right my friend,I have to wear one nearly all of my shift at work,I'll be damned if I'm wearing one for the best part of the meeting,and I was looking forward to this as was going to stop over.as you say,why the hell make it mandatory outside,I've been to Scunthorpe for the last couple of meetings and they weren't mandatory there,ludicrous!

10 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Too damn right my friend,I have to wear one nearly all of my shift at work,I'll be damned if I'm wearing one for the best part of the meeting,and I was looking forward to this as was going to stop over.as you say,why the hell make it mandatory outside,I've been to Scunthorpe for the last couple of meetings and they weren't mandatory there,ludicrous!

I’ve not been one of those “I’m not ever wearing a mask” people, I’ve stuck to the rules and masked up to go in to shops etc where we’re supposedly more at risk of spreading infection, I’ve travelled on a couple of trains and masked up (even though others on same train didn’t), but this I’m not having sorry. The stadium holds around 12 thousand people, they’re only letting in a limited amount of that to safely enable social distancing. We’ll be socially distancing OUTSIDE, and yet still have to wear a mask for the duration of the whole meeting other than when eating or drinking? This whole thing is now seriously wearing me down. I love a bit of Speedway, but not that much. Pity as I was looking forward to it. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Could take a water bottle, and sip from it,,, no mask whilst drinking. 

I'm sure plenty of people will take masks off once inside stadium 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

I’m sure there’ll be some who’ll either disregard the rules completely, or find work arounds like you’ve just mentioned Baldy, but to be honest I can’t be arsed with the hassle. I can’t be the only one who has witnessed arguments in shops etc where a masked person is having a pop at a non mask wearer. 

Another issue, my eyesight has deteriorated in recent years and I now wear glasses. Has any other glasses wearer managed to find a way of wearing a damn mask without it steaming up your bloody glasses?

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But there will be some official who will ask people to leave if they are seen not to be wearing them,especially if it,s mandatory.

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m sure there’ll be some who’ll either disregard the rules completely, or find work arounds like you’ve just mentioned Baldy, but to be honest I can’t be arsed with the hassle. I can’t be the only one who has witnessed arguments in shops etc where a masked person is having a pop at a non mask wearer. 

Another issue, my eyesight has deteriorated in recent years and I now wear glasses. Has any other glasses wearer managed to find a way of wearing a damn mask without it steaming up your bloody glasses?

I'm also a glasses wearer,,, I'm also a motorbike rider,, so have used anti fog for years,,,, I put anti fog on the inside of my glasses,,,, works perfectly.  Get down to your local motorbike dealer and get,,, Muc Off premium anti fog. 

Also I use a neck tube as my mask,,,so your breath tends to go out and not up, as they are nice and thin,, you can get those in bike dealer too 

Edited by Baldyman

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm also a glasses wearer,,, I'm also a motorbike rider,, so have used anti fog for years,,,, I put anti fog on the inside of my glasses,,,, works perfectly.  Get down to your local motorbike dealer and get,,, Muc Off premium anti fog. 

Also I use a neck tube as my mask,,, as they are nice and thin,, you can get those in bike dealer too 

Excellent thanks Baldy I’ll certainly give that a go :t:

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Excellent thanks Baldy I’ll certainly give that a go :t:

Obviously if you have some contact lenses,,, you could wear those for when you need a mask on for many hours. 

I want to know the line up before forking out £20 for a ticket and a fiver for a programme.

Ive gotta hunch some of the better lads have declined this one off meaningless event.

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Beerhuts sweet tub has a whole seasons worth of goodies waiting for us :D

30 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

I want to know the line up before forking out £20 for a ticket and a fiver for a programme.

Ive gotta hunch some of the better lads have declined this one off meaningless event.

Might not be meaningless if finishing positions are used to decide GP/SEC qualifying places in 2021 !!