British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Ticket sales suspended.... 

Whoops... maybe someone not accounting for kids getting in free takes £20 from BSPA.  Or someone not allocating tickets to each payment? 

I suspect more likely due to government intervention.  We'll find out later today if this, and other sporting events can go ahead after all. 

25 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I suspect more likely due to government intervention.  We'll find out later today if this, and other sporting events can go ahead after all. 

Unless they close pubs and restaurants again O dont see why this should change 

All individuals/bubbles will be socially distanced and outside

If you cant do that we may as well all give up on any kind of normal life again

It wont get better than this given the way it is being managed and recorded by governments and agencies 

Having only ordered my tickets yesterday I've now started to wonder if the new social gathering regs will permit this to go ahead now.

Its the fact that they've said both inside and outside that's increasing my level of concern. 

Knowing the communication and lack of information history of both Government and Speedway GB who knows what will happen or when we'll know. 

This meeting has to now be in doubt if 6 people is the new rule how can this meeting now  take place ? 

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

This meeting has to now be in doubt if 6 people is the new rule how can this meeting now  take place ? 

Easy when it was only 30 before.  It''s a government test event.

• Like 2

Well ticket sales are up and running again on website so we can only assume its all systems go at the moment. 

17 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Wonder if there will be any "random " riders in line-up......

Someone born on Bristol maybe?

Schlein confirmed he is riding this morning on the BSPA news

I think it will go ahead. If people stick to the social distancing rules & the management at Foxhall set it up correctly there is no real reason why it shouldn't.

• Like 1

Ticket sales suspended due to government announcement.

Banger World Final tickets the following  sat night are still on sale.

Call me sceptical but I won't be purchasing any tickets for this event without knowing the line up. I'm sure the event will be a sell out but I think it's a poor show not to release the line up when it's only two and a half weeks away. They must know the riders involved so why not announce it? 

Very doubtful this will go ahead with fans now, the St Ledger meeting at Doncaster has been told go behind closed doors for the final 3 days from tomorrow..

Expect them to push back on the pilot events for at least another month.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Very doubtful this will go ahead with fans now, the St Ledger meeting at Doncaster has been told go behind closed doors for the final 3 days from tomorrow..

Expect them to push back on the pilot events for at least another month.

The real danger might be the introduction of a nationwide curfew, as in some other countries...... 

Speedway GB now confirmed Sales for British Final are SUSPENDED again, I tried to buy yesterday just as suspended for one reason and same today for another.

Having read a ton of positive feedback about the Meeting at Plymouth last night ; I tried to book for their next Meeting at 9am this morning..

British Final in past 24 hours - available / suspended / available / suspended... (total confusion)

Plymouth Speedway this morning for next meeting "we are seeking clarification of new Government measures due to be announced later today and if permissible will put tickets on sale ........as soon as possible" (clear information)

Anyone watching news last night or this morning should have been on the ball that new Measures are inevitable. 

A Small Club is, The SGB isn't

Why?

• Like 1