British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Any British final with Rory Schlein in the lineup deserves postponing

Crumpie should be in it as well!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Schlein confirmed he is riding this morning on the BSPA news

Any British riders going to be involved? 

54 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Will the meeting be financially viable with 1000 fans.

They’ll probably be lucky to get that many through the turnstiles. If the weather looks dodgy it will probably be a lot less. I can’t see many wanting to travel far for it.

1 minute ago, E I Addio said:

They’ll probably be lucky to get that many through the turnstiles. If the weather looks dodgy it will probably be a lot less. I can’t see many wanting to travel far for it.

It may well already be over subscribed ....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Any British riders going to be involved

I think you've gone to Aussie enough to feel as much as home there as here... Rory has done the journey... he's got my respect and I'm a Wolves fan who used to have a big can of "Bee" repellant a few years ago!!!

Edited by Lefty
Battery failure on tablet!
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

"We are delighted we took the decision to suspend British Final ticket sales."

What a bizarre choice of word. 

Yes,truly bizarre.is this meeting ever going to happen? Me thinks not..!

Still announcing riders today which would suggest the meeting goes ahead but King was announced in the Speedway Star so maybe it's simply off the back of that. What sort of line up are people expecting? Rumours that Charles Wright has followed Cook in not taking part, completely understandable in my eyes for a one off meeting. No Nicholls confirmed also. I admire the efforts to get the meeting on but I'm unsure people would want to see a completely watered down line up complete for a British title, hence my scepticism behind the decision not to announce the line up before the tickets went on sale. 

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

"We are delighted we took the decision to suspend British Final ticket sales."

What a bizarre choice of word. 

Very bizarre! Had it read it a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly :blink:

Deep down i'm sure they feel fortunate that they took the tickets off sale, but it's pure luck.

Would they run the one-off meeting behind closed doors? That's the only way I see it happening at the moment, can't see riders wanting to risk it for what very little financial gain they'd recieve if it's behind closed doors.

The rumoured 10pm Curfew may hinder things too!

With 2200 in Foxhall it would have been rediculous easy to social distance and look pretty empty, if it goes ahead with 1000 it will look like nobody's there. 

The only real issue in my opinion could be if a curfew is introduced. 10pm could be a problem unless they change the start time, not an issue for locals but totally different if people are travelling any distance. 

I messaged Speedway GB asking how many tickets have actually been sold so far but as yet had no reply. Time will tell if I get mine or indeed if it even happens. 

Let's be honest, they don't have a great deal of time to get it sorted out, it's only a couple of weeks away!

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

With 2200 in Foxhall it would have been rediculous easy to social distance and look pretty empty, if it goes ahead with 1000 it will look like nobody's there. 

The only real issue in my opinion could be if a curfew is introduced. 10pm could be a problem unless they change the start time, not an issue for locals but totally different if people are travelling any distance. 

I messaged Speedway GB asking how many tickets have actually been sold so far but as yet had no reply. Time will tell if I get mine or indeed if it even happens. 

Let's be honest, they don't have a great deal of time to get it sorted out, it's only a couple of weeks away!

If the line-up is as meaningless as it looks like being, 1000 might be an ambitious target.

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

If the line-up is as meaningless as it looks like being, 1000 might be an ambitious target.

Sadly it was over subscribed so several people will be having a refund.