British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, BBSC said:

Cook & Howarth both posted on twitter they are not riding

Cook is no big loss to be honest, if it rained the weekend before he'd want it called off. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Cook is no big loss to be honest, if it rained the weekend before he'd want it called off. 

No big loss? Erm, isn't he a former champion and GP rider? How many of either will be there?

• Like 1

might as well run it at NSS with 1000 fans !! proper racing :t::party:

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Howarth not fit enough after surgery, and cook not been riding so I'm assuming doesn't feel confident enough, plus foxhall is a hit and miss track for him:wink:

He did hit Barker and the changing room walls.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Did they give a reason ?

To be honest you can’t blame riders that haven’t rode a bike all season for giving it a miss.

• Like 1

An admirable idea and CL is doing his best for speedway so no blame should be attached to him for the on off situation but with it being a one off and riders not willing to take any risks it is partly understandable that some do not want to participate but that in itself sums up why U.K. speedway should do its own thing with riders who want to compete. Some of those who have opted out need to think what they want to do in 2021. If I was a club owner I would think long and hard before choosing any who are sitting on the sidelines and do not want to compete. Just when the sport needs all the help at a difficult time, few of the ‘stars’ think of the bigger picture. Time to forget those at the top of their game, they do not want to know about UK so the sport needs to wake up and embrace those riders who are willing to commit to racing in this country. Start to rebuild with what is available and stop looking at the wider game plan, enough talent will emerge to make the U.K. scene an interesting option. To those new riders chasing a team place or career in the sport, now is your time given that many of the established community is less than committed 

Now if it was at glasgow! I know its years ago in 1973 but i was helping alan middleton at workington when he got a telegram from phil herne at 3 pm to say he couldnt ride that night so he rang big arthur browning at 3.15 who lived near birmingham asked if he could make it, no probs he set off got to wton in time for 7.30 start, compare that to todays stars.

Pathetic knee jerking from the hapless government again. 1000 limit makes no scientific sense at all.  If anyone is transmitting coronavirus they could the first person with a ticket or the two thousandth. How many others they may infect is again purely random.  It's all spin to make everyone think it's safer. :nono:

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

An admirable idea and CL is doing his best for speedway so no blame should be attached to him for the on off situation but with it being a one off and riders not willing to take any risks it is partly understandable that some do not want to participate but that in itself sums up why U.K. speedway should do its own thing with riders who want to compete. Some of those who have opted out need to think what they want to do in 2021. If I was a club owner I would think long and hard before choosing any who are sitting on the sidelines and do not want to compete. Just when the sport needs all the help at a difficult time, few of the ‘stars’ think of the bigger picture. Time to forget those at the top of their game, they do not want to know about UK so the sport needs to wake up and embrace those riders who are willing to commit to racing in this country. Start to rebuild with what is available and stop looking at the wider game plan, enough talent will emerge to make the U.K. scene an interesting option. To those new riders chasing a team place or career in the sport, now is your time given that many of the established community is less than committed 

It is a long time since anybody in Speedway has thought of the bigger picture . Narrow self interest has been the watchword for years.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Pathetic knee jerking from the hapless government again. 1000 limit makes no scientific sense at all.  If anyone is transmitting coronavirus they could the first person with a ticket or the two thousandth. How many others they may infect is again purely random.  It's all spin to make everyone think it's safer. :nono:

And even more bizarrely just a week later will see the cars run a World Final in the same stadium with a crowd nearly 3 times the size which is all perfectly fine as it's a grass roots amateur sport :blink:

• Like 3

I think I remember Hancock saying that amateur sportspeople have been found to be an effective deterrent for coronavirus but for some reason professional sportspeople seem to attract it. Can't argue with scientific advice eh? 

Edited by SPEEDY69

10 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

:lol:

What you are saying here applies to clubs as well, are you just going to shut them down and run only 4 or 5 tracks next year? 

The riders who choose not to race in this are absolutely entitled not to, good luck to the clubs** who choose to alienate riders when speedway is back up and running in favor of those who race in this meeting. 

** it will be none, none of them would be that daft 

33 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

:lol:

What you are saying here applies to clubs as well, are you just going to shut them down and run only 4 or 5 tracks next year? 

The riders who choose not to race in this are absolutely entitled not to, good luck to the clubs** who choose to alienate riders when speedway is back up and running in favor of those who race in this meeting. 

** it will be none, none of them would be that daft 

If speedway is up and running. How many people really think that the bug will be a thing of the past come March next year.

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If speedway is up and running. How many people really think that the bug will be a thing of the past come March next year.

correct they are talking about the next six months are going to be hard so im with you on this one ps i thought craig cook said a couple of months ago he has given up on this season so why would he want to ride in a one of meeting anyway just my opinion of course 

• Like 1