British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

An admirable idea and CL is doing his best for speedway so no blame should be attached to him for the on off situation but with it being a one off and riders not willing to take any risks it is partly understandable that some do not want to participate but that in itself sums up why U.K. speedway should do its own thing with riders who want to compete. Some of those who have opted out need to think what they want to do in 2021. If I was a club owner I would think long and hard before choosing any who are sitting on the sidelines and do not want to compete. Just when the sport needs all the help at a difficult time, few of the ‘stars’ think of the bigger picture. Time to forget those at the top of their game, they do not want to know about UK so the sport needs to wake up and embrace those riders who are willing to commit to racing in this country. Start to rebuild with what is available and stop looking at the wider game plan, enough talent will emerge to make the U.K. scene an interesting option. To those new riders chasing a team place or career in the sport, now is your time given that many of the established community is less than committed 

So those riders who spent thousands on their equipment during the winter and then went out and sought regular employment to pay there bills are now to be dropped from the sport because they decided to miss a hastily arranged meeting ?

You honestly expect the sport to not sign Craig Cook, Charles Wright etc in 2021 because they miss a one- off meeting?

Get a grip.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

correct they are talking about the next six months are going to be hard so im with you on this one ps i thought craig cook said a couple of months ago he has given up on this season so why would he want to ride in a one of meeting anyway just my opinion of course 

Some riders have probably got jobs to see them through the winter. Why jeopardise that for one meeting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If speedway is up and running. How many people really think that the bug will be a thing of the past come March next year.

The Covid 19 virus is not going away. It will be with us in some form or another for years. Flu is endemic, we can't extinguish it, we live with it.

Already we have seen we can improve the treatment of the worst cases of Covid (intensive care) and whilst more are getting infected (again) the strain has either weakened or some level of immunity has built up.

It's not so much "will it be here" IT WILL as how we handle it and deal with it. That enters in to Politics so best left alone.

I think those Tracks who do run this year will have a head start and hopefully help those that don't.

If riders want to ride, they'll ride, if they don't they won't. Craig Cook has been very consistent in his comments about 2020 so why single him out?

The 16 best available who want to ride; will ride. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Pathetic knee jerking from the hapless government again. 1000 limit makes no scientific sense at all.  If anyone is transmitting coronavirus they could the first person with a ticket or the two thousandth. How many others they may infect is again purely random.  It's all spin to make everyone think it's safer. :nono:

Like you knee jerking,”test events” still going ahead.No real logic, everything should be cancelled if that’s the case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoxworld said:

Has anyone got their email confirming if they have tickets or not yet ?

Nothing yet. 

At a recent local charity non league football match they allowed a crowd of 300 in to watch.

Within 10 days 28 of them tested positive for Covid and the number is rising by the day , all traced back to one small football crowd.

The town has now been put on the government watch list as the rate per 100 people has exceeded the government target rate.

You attend if you want too.

42 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

At a recent local charity non league football match they allowed a crowd of 300 in to watch.

Within 10 days 28 of them tested positive for Covid and the number is rising by the day , all traced back to one small football crowd.

The town has now been put on the government watch list as the rate per 100 people has exceeded the government target rate.

I will thanks

I'd rather die living than live dying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I will thanks

I'd rather die living than live dying

Couldn’t give a monkeys about you with your ignoramus attitude, it’s the innocent people you affect that I feel sorry for.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Couldn’t give a monkeys about you with your ignoramus attitude, it’s the innocent people you affect that I feel sorry for.

So the 99% who would be largely unaffected (if at all) have to endure indefinite effective house arrest to protect the 1%

If the 99% dont get on with it there no money to look after anybody let alone the 1% and if the virus is as dangerous and resistant to anything else we can do as you believe it is then it will get them anyway in the end

Seeing the direction conversation is I'll tell you one thing. 

If I get tickets I'm certainly going to feel a hell of alot safer in a 12000 capacity open air stadium than I do in my local Tesco or Aldi, far less risk! 

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Scardey cats. Just because you get it doesn't mean it's a death threat!  What, maybe 1.5% of people might, but that's hardly any different' to flu which you expose yourself to everyday without this reaction. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 4

Is it correct that face masks are compulsory at the final?

kings lynn had face masks compulsory for the BYC 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:34 AM, cityrebel said:

If speedway is up and running. How many people really think that the bug will be a thing of the past come March next year.

Well considering the second wave is supposed to be coming next spring, then I doubt it will be a thing of the past!

17 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Which part of the Country is this in?

There are obvious "hotspots" but Ipswich is not one of them atm.

It would be wrong for anyone from an area locked down to travel to Ipswich.

May be organisers have to be mindful of that fact.

I don't see any reason why the meetings can't go ahead though and am looking forward to a visit to Plymouth and Ipswich before the end of the month. 

• Like 1