British Speedway Forum

17 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

At a recent local charity non league football match they allowed a crowd of 300 in to watch.

Within 10 days 28 of them tested positive for Covid and the number is rising by the day , all traced back to one small football crowd.

The town has now been put on the government watch list as the rate per 100 people has exceeded the government target rate.

You attend if you want too.

It's people like you causing the problem with your scaremongering.

Firstly, they haven't tested positive for Covid. They've tested positive for Coronavirus. Something almost every single one of us will have over the winter period.

Secondly, the test isn't even accurate.

Thirdly, the death rate is now shown to be the same as the flu (and continuing to fall).

Finally, if you've ever visited your family at Christmas, you put them in many times more danger than attending an outdoor speedway meeting and I trust given your comments now you will NEVER visit family again either at Christmas or at any time in the winter when it will be far more dangerous, with or without Covid-19.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well considering the second wave is supposed to be coming next spring, then I doubt it will be a thing of the past!

We'll be on the third wave by then!

• Like 1

Has Birmingham become a "hotspot" this last week?

43 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Is it correct that face masks are compulsory at the final?

kings lynn had face masks compulsory for the BYC 

Yes

Judging by some of the idiotic comments printed on here let’s hope the government calls a halt to all crowds at events Including this pretend British Final ( minus some of the top British riders? ) and then we won’t have pages and pages of denialists against conspiracy theorists and can get back to discussing speedway .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Has Birmingham become a "hotspot" this last week?

Yes...under restricted lockdown measures as are neighbouring Sandwell (aka West Bromwich lol) and Solihull (aka posh)

23 hours ago, cityrebel said:

We'll be on the third wave by then!

I think the plan is for a Mexican :)

• Haha 2

Just received confirmation email, got 2 tickets for zone K. Really pleased - good luck everyone. Can anyone tell me where Zone K is please.

Edited by stoxworld
Added question

Personally I can't wait to get to Foxhall and meet up with my speedway friends.  If I get a virus I get it,, if u don't I don't,,, just like any other virus or illness. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Personally I can't wait to get to Foxhall and meet up with my speedway friends.  If I get a virus I get it,, if u don't I don't,,, just like any other virus or illness. 

I’m sure the NHS staff will be delighted with your attitude.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, stoxworld said:

Just received confirmation email, got 2 tickets for zone K. Really pleased - good luck everyone. Can anyone tell me where Zone K is please.

I think the simple answer to that is a no, I believe the zones may have only been put in since the stock cars resumed for the wonderful social distancing rules. I would be surprised if any of us Foxhall regulars will know where we're sitting until we get there. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful. 

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

I’m sure the NHS staff will be delighted with your attitude.

What's the NHS ?

12 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

What's the NHS ?

You better find out quick..... one day you will need it.... and be thankful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

What's the NHS ?

Its where my wife works caring for others and where she contracted Covid 19, fortunately she recovered after a few weeks. I also had another household member get it as well. I was either lucky or was asymptomatic. 

In other words, don't ask stupid questions! 

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

I think the simple answer to that is a no, I believe the zones may have only been put in since the stock cars resumed for the wonderful social distancing rules. I would be surprised if any of us Foxhall regulars will know where we're sitting until we get there. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful. 

Thanks, been to Foxhall quite a few times but not since the new seating put in, was just hoping it was in the covered area on home straight, my ticket email does instruct me to go to turnstile marked "Grandstand Only".