British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Drew Kemp will be one I’d have thought. 

I know people will argue the merits of including Crump but seriously who cares. It would add a bit more interest to the meeting. Will also give us a rough idea of what standard he’s still at and what might have been this year at Ipswich. 

On the stream, yeah agree with others it’s steep. I’m still going to pay it though as I want to see the meeting. 

It's supposed to be the British Championship but seems to be turning into a run of the mill open meeting, Yet another reason why Speedway has no credibility.

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Will be streamed online, £12.95 seems a bit steep to me?

If you would have travelled a fair distance then your fuel bill is saved ... whole family can watch it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Will be streamed online, £12.95 seems a bit steep to me?

Seems good value for a speedway family - six people can watch, in comfort, with clean toilets and no travel.

34 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Seems good value for a speedway family - six people can watch, in comfort, with clean toilets and no travel.

Also given more than double than the 1000 allowed wanted to attend at £20 plus costs I too would think it's still an attractive price

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Also given more than double than the 1000 allowed wanted to attend at £20 plus costs I too would think it's still an attractive price

Agree £20 is a good price, but to put in perspective, yesterday i brought ticket for Poland v Russia at Bydgoszcz on the 29th this month-VIP less than £19

So now we know what the cost of the stream is, but we do not yet know the quality of the product. Only after the fact will we know whether or not this is too expensive or not, and this will depend on camera quality, audio quality, commentary etc. 

I am happy to pay more for a quality product but time will tell...

Too expensive for me I’m afraid. 

31 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Agree £20 is a good price, but to put in perspective, yesterday i brought ticket for Poland v Russia at Bydgoszcz on the 29th this month-VIP less than £19

But lets put into perspective the difference in the cost of living/wages between the two countries.In the UK people earn about 2.5 to 3 times more than the Polish so you would be expecting to pay 2.5 to 3 times more for things here in the UK.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But lets put into perspective the difference in the cost of living/wages between the two countries.In the UK people earn about 2.5 to 3 times more than the Polish so you would be expecting to pay 2.5 to 3 times more for things here in the UK.

I think you are long way off, the cost of riders wages in Poland is tenfold to the UK!!

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

I think you are long way off, the cost of riders wages in Poland is tenfold to the UK!!

It is but average working wages are far lower, hence my area being packed with Poles.

6 minutes ago, sommelier said:

So is the sponsorship 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sommelier said:

I don't think i am,as another poster has said why do you think many Poles come here to work.We earn 3 times as much as they do back home.Prices in their everyday life back home will have to reflect in what they earn if they want to fill stadiums,cinemas food etc.

If you go to places like Finland and Sweden it would be the other way around and you would feel it's to expensive as they earn more.When i was younger i felt i was being ripped off when i went to Gothenburg until i learnt about how much the people earnt there.

Edited by tellboy

I'm sure there will be much debate about the cost to stream the meeting, the quality of the line-up and will moan afterwards about the racing if they do pay. 

For me I'll happily pay to watch the meeting live for £20 but I wouldn't pay £12-95 to stream it. Half my enjoyment of speedway is all about seeing it live and in person and I'm fortunately one of the lucky ones. 

• Like 2

£20 for those fortunate enough to have confirmed tickets to attend. Fine.

£12.95 for streaming without full broadcast quality pictures, on-screen talent and production. Total rip off.

Calling it a British Final .... Laughing stock.

36 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

I'm sure there will be much debate about the cost to stream the meeting, the quality of the line-up and will moan afterwards about the racing if they do pay. 

For me I'll happily pay to watch the meeting live for £20 but I wouldn't pay £12-95 to stream it. Half my enjoyment of speedway is all about seeing it live and in person and I'm fortunately one of the lucky ones. 

Absolutely. I seldom watch televised sport, be it football or speedway. I am also one of the lucky ones.