British Speedway Forum

It would seem as usual the Bspa are scoring an own goal with that pricing.   Having said that,,, as usual,,, I don't suppose they really give a monkeys. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

I'm sure there will be much debate about the cost to stream the meeting, the quality of the line-up and will moan afterwards about the racing if they do pay. 

For me I'll happily pay to watch the meeting live for £20 but I wouldn't pay £12-95 to stream it. Half my enjoyment of speedway is all about seeing it live and in person and I'm fortunately one of the lucky ones. 

What block have you got? Did Graham get a ticket? 

Disney are charging £20 to watch Mulan and that's on top of the subscription for the Disney channel, I suppose the going rate is what people will pay to watch it, personally I wouldn't pay that much to watch as a one off... Fortunately I've had my ticket confirmation through though :party:

Again, just a comparison. Premier Sports is as standard £11.99 per month which includes about 16 Polish matches a month aswell as 4 Swedish matches. 20 matches in total. Yet the 'British Championship' is more than that for a single meeting. What an absolute shambles that is.

• Like 6

Troy Batchelor has seemingly tweeted that he’s in the line up, having becoming a dual citizen.

Edited by Speedway28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The company being used normally live stream ice hockey,,, I wonder how much that normally costs to watch those streams. 

Let's just hope we don't have a massive downturn in weather between now and the 26th. Having gone through the is it or isn't it on, how many are allowed and do I or don't I have tickets bad weather would be the last straw for this year. 

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

The company being used normally live stream ice hockey,,, I wonder how much that normally costs to watch those streams. 

Just playing Devils advocate here but; streaming company says to BSPA it's going to cost £xxxx . BSPA think how many will pay. Hence silly price. Rather than go if we stream it cheap more May watch...

Current champ Charles Wright wont be there to defend his title.

I ordered early on the Tuesday morning, got a refund today. 

Maybe I'll watch the stream but if its glitchy I don't expect they'll refund that! 

2 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

Troy Batchelor has seemingly tweeted that he’s in the line up, having becoming a dual citizen.

Just heard Skippy has done the same....

31 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Maybe I'll watch the stream but if its glitchy I don't expect they'll refund that! 

I’ve purchased the stream as I want to watch the meeting. If it’s a cr@p stream of poor quality I’ll know not to bother in future. If it’s good, then it’s something I’ll consider more of in the future if it’s an avenue they go down moving forward. 

I understand the others points of view on pricing though it is on the steep side.