British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

wonder what the odds are for Crump to be at and win Cardiff 2021

I would imagine he d first need to win the 2021 British final, him and batch them raise an interesting question as to what nationality they d have on their race jackets should they get the wildcard.

All this could have been avoided if they'd simply called it the British Open and got the best field they could 

Nobody would have cared that the British final wasn't being run this year 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, noaksey said:

All this could have been avoided if they'd simply called it the British Open and got the best field they could 

Good call. And add in a guest, r/r, five changes to the programme & a 'sun' delay and the fans will really feel that things are back to normal. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Anybody hiring a cherry picker? :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Awesome,,,

Also a few British riders can't be bothered,,,, so why not one of the best riders ever. 

It could be argued it is that attitude effort and application that is part of why certain riders make it to world class/champion level whilst others only reach the perennial journeyman level.......

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It could be argued it is that attitude effort and application that is part of why certain riders make it to world class/champion level whilst others only reach the perennial journeyman level.......

Or of course a recognition of the fact that it isn't really the British Final.  There's always the debate about the ben fund meetings too, where some riders say yes and others no, for whatever reason.  I see Belle Vue now have the meeting on 24th for many of these riders to get a bit of practice in beforehand.  A Belle Vue select versus a Rest of World select I think.

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Your ignorance of ice hockey in the UK is pretty complete, the big league matches all pull in crowds of between two and five thousand fans every week. 

If that's crap, where does it leave speedway? 

It's hardly ignorance, it is an opinion... I find Ice Hockey, dull, crap and a bit boring and don't really care what fans pay to watch events... it is a totally redundant point to me. As someone with a possible interest in paying to watch or stream a speedway meeting I don't really care about Ice Hockey, that would be www.icehockeyforum.com for that chat. 

In terms of where it leaves Speedway, I would say most can see speedway is a bit of a mess. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Now that is the first sensible quote on this thread since it started.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bang on the money !!! The same riders who whinged about not racing then decline the first opportunity.   One claimed he didn’t have time to prepare !!!!!!

• Like 2

I’m not sure we should be criticising any rider for not wanting to compete in a one off meeting in late September, whether that be their first one of the year or because they have commitments elsewhere..... this is an exceptional year and if anybody wants to write the season off for whatever reason that’s fair enough. 

In terms if the cost somebody mentioned about splitting it between three or four people.....that’s a fair point and the fact that I’d probably watch and therefore pay for it in my own makes it a non starter. Might change my mind on the day if I really fancy it but unlikely Ud have thought, would have been more inclined at £9.99 for example. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bang on the money !!! The same riders who whinged about not racing then decline the first opportunity.   One claimed he didn’t have time to prepare !!!!!!

And the same fans would moan if the riders turned up and didn't look prepared... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m not sure we should be criticising any rider for not wanting to compete in a one off meeting in late September, whether that be their first one of the year or because they have commitments elsewhere..... this is an exceptional year and if anybody wants to write the season off for whatever reason that’s fair enough. 

I wasnt being critical of the choice as such just making the observation about the differing approach and potential link to level of achievement 

In my own life for example I am certainly more the journeyman than the world champ and happier for it!!

• Haha 1