British Speedway Forum

I see Cook was saying Clegg should have been asked before Kemp.  I see he has a load of bum boy fans,,,oh yes Craig you are so right. Maybe Max should be in,, but ahead of the current under 19 champ? 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:03 AM, Ringitsneck said:

So those riders who spent thousands on their equipment during the winter and then went out and sought regular employment to pay there bills are now to be dropped from the sport because they decided to miss a hastily arranged meeting ?

You honestly expect the sport to not sign Craig Cook, Charles Wright etc in 2021 because they miss a one- off meeting?

Get a grip.

Whose fault is it that these so called stars continually chase sponsorship because financially they cannot make a living solely on their own skill so buying the latest equipment to outpace the opposition and become a gate and go throttle merchant enables them outpace those riders who cannot compete financially. Getting that little bit of extra bit of power at a price is the route cause of why the sport is where it is. Also sine when did it become obligatory to buy new equipment every season?  Put the likes of Cook on standard workshop bikes and see how good they really are and whether they really have honed their rider skills. It is not a case of getting a grip but more a case of creating a level playing field in the sport so the argument about spend is not relevant as long as the likes of Cook chase the pound and not the sport or the supporter. Why also have one or two riders questioned those who have opted out or perhaps you know the answer as well. If these riders feel they are above all others and do not want to compete in a one off event when the sport is on its knees and needs all the help it can get, why should anyone pay to watch then in 2021? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies if this has already been asked and I've missed it but has there been a list published anywhere of riders (apart from Robert Lambert, Charles Wright & Craig Cook) who have openly declined to ride at Ipswich for whatever reason?
There seem to be a few established names missing and with only three places left I assume a few may have decided not to race.

Perhaps the last 3 are Louis, Screen and Loram? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Perhaps the last 3 are Louis, Screen and Loram? 

Would that be John or Chris?

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I see Cook was saying Clegg should have been asked before Kemp.  I see he has a load of bum boy fans,,,oh yes Craig you are so right. Maybe Max should be in,, but ahead of the current under 19 champ? 

I think Drew has earned his place but it would be a travesty if Josh Bates, who didn't ride in 2019, has been given a place ahead of others who did such as Clegg, Newman Perks etc (assuming they wish to ride)

Edited by cinderfella

That's the thing,,, who knows who's been asked to ride,,, only the one doing the asking. Has Steve Worrall got a place? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Would that be John or Chris?

John declined as his leathers don't fit anymore. But, as anyone with £2m in assets can buy a British passport, there's still time to persaude Nicki P or Lindgren to ride? 

Edited by SPEEDY69

12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and I've missed it but has there been a list published anywhere of riders (apart from Robert Lambert, Charles Wright & Craig Cook) who have openly declined to ride at Ipswich for whatever reason?
There seem to be a few established names missing and with only three places left I assume a few may have decided not to race.

Scott Nicholls?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That's the thing,,, who knows who's been asked to ride,,, only the one doing the asking. Has Steve Worrall got a place? 

According to this week’s Speedway Star, Steve Worrall is in the line up.

24 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

According to this week’s Speedway Star, Steve Worrall is in the line up.

Chris Louis also said on page 2 of Speedway Star that Tom Brennan is in line up with Drew Kemp

Is this possibly going to be the lowest stand of competitors in a British Final?
i don’t want to show disrespect to any of the riders in it, they are having a go at speedway at least, but a British Championship without the current champion, plus the top two Brits and Cookie who is in the top 5 Brits seems a bit of a joke to me. Getting riders to go into a highly promoted event (for British speedway in the year 2020) without having much race practice is a disaster IMO.

And the cost of streaming at £13...... that will probably set the price for British League racing next year if the bigwigs decide to stream it. Personally I was hoping for more like £10, probably attract more people at 10 then 13 quid.

• Like 1

The lineup looks very ordinary, no wonder they want Crump, Batch etc in it to bolster the quality. Need some bigger names to get people to fork out for the overpriced stream.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is this possibly going to be the lowest stand of competitors in a British Final?
i don’t want to show disrespect to any of the riders in it, they are having a go at speedway at least, but a British Championship without the current champion, plus the top two Brits and Cookie who is in the top 5 Brits seems a bit of a joke to me. Getting riders to go into a highly promoted event (for British speedway in the year 2020) without having much race practice is a disaster IMO.

And the cost of streaming at £13...... that will probably set the price for British League racing next year if the bigwigs decide to stream it. Personally I was hoping for more like £10, probably attract more people at 10 then 13 quid.

All I am interested is in how good the racing is.

The Plymouth 3TT the other week was NDL riders with a few young Championship lads. The racing was close, exciting, got better as the night went on and ended with a last-heat decider which was won in the final yard. Perfect recipe in my book.

This may also mark a changing of the guard --- some of the older riders bowing out and making room for the exciting Young Guns.

Scott was exciting Young Gun and pushed aside others....that's how it works.

8 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

No disrespect intended in your opinion,  but when was the last time Tai and Robert took part, even with this year's current problem?

Howarth missing through injury, Scott I suspect his age plus no riding this year, Cook is probably the venue, no idea on Wright.

Cast your mind back to last year, who was the star of the meeting? Sadly he's not with us now, but a big name he wasn't but he lit up the meeting #Danny Ayres.

• Like 3