British Speedway Forum

I don’t think Robert has missed one before where he has qualified and not been injured? Obviously won it in 2018.

29 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

All I am interested is in how good the racing is.

The Plymouth 3TT the other week was NDL riders with a few young Championship lads. The racing was close, exciting, got better as the night went on and ended with a last-heat decider which was won in the final yard. Perfect recipe in my book.

This may also mark a changing of the guard --- some of the older riders bowing out and making room for the exciting Young Guns.

Scott was exciting Young Gun and pushed aside others....that's how it works.

Fully respect this but most people are attracted by the better quality riders, and to call it a British final with four top men absent after some Australians in doesn’t seem right. British Open as suggested would have been better, plus a cheaper stream price (I appreciate that’s not as simple as it sounds).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think Robert has missed one before where he has qualified and not been injured? Obviously won it in 2018.

It was always going to be unlikely that anyone abroad would return here for one meeting 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is this possibly going to be the lowest stand of competitors in a British Final?

I often feel that when I look at the standard of riders in The Scottish Open Championship these days and think of some of the names added to the trophy alongside past world champions.
But I guess competing riders who win events these days do what the masters in the past did too and beat everyone else in the field and be the best on the day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I often feel that when I look at the standard of riders in The Scottish Open Championship these days and think of some of the names added to the trophy alongside past world champions.
But I guess competing riders who win events these days do what the masters in the past did too and beat everyone else in the field and be the best on the day.

That is an open meeting, this is supposed to be for a national title.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Fully respect this but most people are attracted by the better quality riders, and to call it a British final with four top men absent after some Australians in doesn’t seem right. British Open as suggested would have been better, plus a cheaper stream price (I appreciate that’s not as simple as it sounds).

Don't know about the stream price. Plymouth did there's for £3.80. Sold all the tickets they could and then announced stream.

Price is fine for the stream, can't understand the moans. Can't compare to third division at Plymouth, costs way bigger for this event. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Price is fine for the stream, can't understand the moans. Can't compare to third division at Plymouth, costs way bigger for this event. 

At least £4 too much 

40 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Out of interest, why would the cost to stream be more just because it is from a higher division track? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Out of interest, why would the cost to stream be more just because it is from a higher division track? 

I was also wondering why that would be the case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I was also wondering why that would be the case.

Plymouth stream was decent quality and very watchable and some excellent racing. Worth 4 quid and value. Commentator was fun and different. 

Ipswich will no doubt be multi camera and have Pearson and Tatum. More polished and safe. 

Worth 13 quid?? 

We'll have to see. 

34 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

For starters........ higher pay per point for orders. Income must cover outgoings plus a profit. If people are not coming through the gate then Alternative incomes need to be found.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Wage bill for the event and rental I expect. Some of the stream money will go to the bspa, not that hard to work out surely.?

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Wage bill for the event and rental I expect. Some of the stream money will go to the bspa, not that hard to work out surely.?

A simple , civil, answer would have sufficed . 

I assumed your post meant that the technical costs of streaming were higher, rather than it being to recoup the cost of putting on the British Final it's self (which of course I understand are likely to be higher than the Plymouth meeting ). 

Incidentally,  I don't have an issue about the price of the stream and wasn't moaning about it. 

Edited by Sir Sidney
  • Like 1