British Speedway Forum

No mask, no entry to the British Final. Happy days...

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Had to have little laugh to myself when I saw under 11s were exempt from wearing masks. It used to be all the kids wanted to wear goggles and masks at meetings to copy their on-track heroes. :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Reading the " do,s and dont's on the bspa website why would anyone bother going to event!

Certainly won’t add anything to an enjoyable experience but then I’m guessing those who are attending , to watch a mixed field of NL riders and invited guests , are so desperate to watch anything that their willing to pay over the odds to sit in silence , in isolation, and watch Jason Crump , and a few others ,beating the kids he’s been tutoring for the last few months.

Their choice but doesn’t float my boat.

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Having made your feelings known elsewhere blu it's a good job you're not attending as the do's and don'ts to enable this "test event" to go ahead are massive and would definitely curtail proceedings if people don't do as asked.

2 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Certainly won’t add anything to an enjoyable experience but then I’m guessing those who are attending , to watch a mixed field of NL riders and invited guests , are so desperate to watch anything that their willing to pay over the odds to sit in silence , in isolation, and watch Jason Crump , and a few others ,beating the kids he’s been tutoring for the last few months.

Their choice but doesn’t float my boat.

That's your choice and equally your opinion, but let others enjoy what's on offer if you will.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

Having made your feelings known elsewhere blu it's a good job you're not attending as the do's and don'ts to enable this "test event" to go ahead are massive and would definitely curtail proceedings if people don't do as asked.

That's your choice and equally your opinion, but let others enjoy what's on offer if you will.

I’m not stopping them.

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Robert Lambert head hunted by 7 Extraleague Clubs, i hope Chapman as got long arms & deep pockets for him to stay at Lynn. Good luck to Robert

Can’t see it if he rides in Poland, Sweden and the GP’s. I hope he keeps riding over here but wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

To be fair to the BSPA, they had put that pathway in place. We'd had NL rider's at reserve for a few years & lets be brutally honest, it was a flop. The racing was more awful than normal & they even tried protected heats. Again, you could only find 1 or 2 good riders out of 14.

Another fault with our top league is using it for development, that shouldn't be happening. 

Yes there are dross foreigners, but quite frankly, many many Brits are far far worse. 

Just go through the list of Brits in our top league & 2nd tier. 5-10 years ago there was great hope for many & they're now all just also-rans. Many of them too got shots in the Polish 2nd & 3rd tier & couldn't deliver. 

Opportunities are there & arise for our Brits. In fact Poland have been very open to us over the last 10 years, we've just not had anyone of any 'real' talent stand out. We've now got Woffy & Lambert but our next biggest hope was Bewley but he's struggling to make that next step. 

We have a big problem over here of over hyping a rider at National League levels. 

If you mean the EL draft system I’d argue it needs doing better than that and the youngsters involved need better development before they get to that stage. I’mt not overhyping anyone but this current crop of 16-18 year olds look better than we’ve had for some time. 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Isn't that a bit hypocritical expecting our young lads to get race time abroad yet at the same time stopping the 'foreign dross' from riding in our leagues?
Yes I agree we need to find a way of giving our lads more time so perhaps changing the format of league meetings is called for? I would have two young British lads in each team and they get four rides against each other, one from each gate position over 4 heats. OK that would mean increasing team sizes and meeting length but if we went back to the old 13ht formula it would only mean an extra 2 heats.

Changes have to be made if the sport is to move forward.

I’ve no problem with foreign youngsters with potential riding here but not journeymen. Our lads need to ride international challenges / tests abroad regularly and hopefully like Bewley and Rowe they’ll get chances in Poland etc. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Lambert won’t be riding in GB next year.IMO.

along with  the rest of speedway riders in the U.K.. its here for four yeas this covid thing . the finishing line was in sight , but the human race blew it .

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, jenga said:

along with  the rest of speedway riders in the U.K.. its here for four yeas this covid thing . the finishing line was in sight , but the human race blew it .

I’ll have pint of what your drinking.!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Badge said:

Because that is the policy that has enabled this event to take place. Just remember this is a test event, and will be closely monitored,  and if it's a success you never know we might just get speedway back next season.

The hoops that Ipswich are having to jump through for this is unbelievable so please for the sake of the sport please abide by the rules. 

Absolutely. It wasn't a criticism of Ipswich Speedway. More to do with the policy itself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

So does the BSPA/SCB have to get tough and say if you don't ride in the British League you don't represent your country as has happened in rugby?
Mind you for a handful of World Cup or whatever they want to call it, would riders really care anymore? The sport needs restructured but until an effective governing body is in place that ain't going to happen.

Yeah. That should really help us in the SON.

If you think the BSPA notice about spectator behaviour was prescriptive try reading the original diktat from which it was produced.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If you mean the EL draft system I’d argue it needs doing better than that and the youngsters involved need better development before they get to that stage. I’mt not overhyping anyone but this current crop of 16-18 year olds look better than we’ve had for some time 

That's the thing, they're getting development opportunities more than ever. The numbers in the Championship is full of youth. But being there they're getting found out quickly and stall. 

Current crop of 16-18yo is not better than years gone by. In fact, I'd say they're worse, no future GP rider's in the making at all, none of them. 

After Lambert we really have nothing to look forward to imo. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, they're getting development opportunities more than ever. The numbers in the Championship is full of youth. But being there they're getting found out quickly and stall. 

Current crop of 16-18yo is not better than years gone by. In fact, I'd say they're worse, no future GP rider's in the making at all, none of them. 

Anders Rowe is doing very well in Poland

15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think Kemp  and Palin will go on to a good level.To early to say really though.Thet have to get opportunities abroad to improve,it’s a different game over there.Many will be happy to earn money in GB though.