Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think Kemp  and Palin will go on to a good level.To early to say really though.Thet have to get opportunities abroad to improve,it’s a different game over there.Many will be happy to earn money in GB though.

Dont you rate Rowe ??

11 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Anders Rowe is doing very well in Poland

I wouldn't say a 3.75 average in the 3rd tier is "doing very well". 

Fingers crossed he does come good though, we desperately need some quality. 

Nobody without a crystal ball or time machine can possibly know who will or won’t succeed out of the current crop but it’s certain they are far more likely to with more exposure to continental circuits and being pushed in the UK away from the NL. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I wouldn't say a 3.75 average in the 3rd tier is "doing very well". 

Fingers crossed he does come good though, we desperately need some quality. 

Leszno would not have signed him if they didnt think he had potential!!

14 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Dont you rate Rowe ??

He is on same level as Kemp just now,just have to wait and see.When you see how the young Aussies are doing we have a it to catch up,never mind the Young Poles and Danes.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

He is on same level as Kemp just now,just have to wait and see.When you see how the young Aussies are doing we have a it to catch up,never mind the Young Poles and Danes.

Young Poles another level

3 minutes ago, sommelier said:

agree,like someone was saying Polish domination is not good for the sport overall,but it’s not their fault if other Nations can’t get their  house in order.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Partly because they have quick kit but mainly because of their exposure to much better riders in the Extraliga, those good enough get dragged along by senior team mates and opponents and develop very quickly. We need to be following their model. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Partly because they have quick kit but mainly because of their exposure to much better riders in the Extraliga, those good enough get dragged along by senior team mates and opponents and develop very quickly. We need to be following their model. 

You have to look at Lidsey this season,to prove you point:t:

51 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think Kemp  and Palin will go on to a good level.To early to say really though.Thet have to get opportunities abroad to improve,it’s a different game over there.Many will be happy to earn money in GB though.

The Thompson Twins seem to be on the route to success and are getting good reviews wherever they ride.
I assume they must have good backing and sponsors especially as I notice they use different engines which must add to the cost of spares (even though one is an easier maintained Gerhard)

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cinderfella said:

The Thompson Twins seem to be on the route to success and are getting good reviews wherever they ride.
I assume they must have good backing and sponsors especially as I notice they use different engines which must add to the cost of spares (even though one is an easier maintained Gerhard)

There was a photo of them in their workshop in the speedway star I think, looked like a pro one - nothing like an old shed in the garden! 

• Like 1

I've just seen a post on Facebook, saying fans might not be allowed in because of new covid restrictions. It wouldn't suprise me if this happens.

11 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I've just seen a post on Facebook, saying fans might not be allowed in because of new covid restrictions. It wouldn't suprise me if this happens.

Michael Gove on BBC News 7.30am today said they were stopping potential crowds now from October as had been originally agreed. Across the board in sport

1 minute ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Michael Gove on BBC News 7.30am today said they were stopping potential crowds now from October as had been originally agreed. Across the board in sport

So the SoN at Belle Vue will be a TV or streamed event only or will it be moved to a country where crowds are allowed in?

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

So the SoN at Belle Vue will be a TV or streamed event only or will it be moved to a country where crowds are allowed in?

99.99% the latter- ie Poland

• Like 1