British Speedway Forum

Just now, lucifer sam said:

You are missing something - Cardiff 2020 was cancelled months ago.

Yes I was, a blonde moment my end :t:

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Which the winner of this meeting will be....unless I'm missing something.

The norm is that the British Final is before Cardiff. So if 2021 is anything like a normal speedway year (we can hope), there will be another British Final before Cardiff 2021, the winner of which will qualify as the wildcard.

Just now, False dawn said:

The norm is that the British Final is before Cardiff. So if 2021 is anything like a normal speedway year (we can hope), there will be another British Final before Cardiff 2021, the winner of which will qualify as the wildcard.

Yes I know, I had a thicky moment as already posted :blush:

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Yes I know, I had a thicky moment as already posted :blush:

I can't type fast enough. By the time I'd posted my long winded response, three other people had already beaten you up (figuratively). :blush:

• Haha 1

Anyway, IMO it's fine to call it the British Final. 

Fingers crossed, that as a test event, it's not affected by this morning's news from the government.  The BSPA have had to really jump the hurdles to get this on - let's hope all that hard work is not scuppered. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Anyway, IMO it's fine to call it the British Final. 

Fingers crossed, that as a test event, it's not affected by this morning's news from the government.  The BSPA have had to really jump the hurdles to get this on - let's hope all that hard work is not scuppered. 

From the BBC website (but does not give date as from when):

The pilot programme will also be paused.

Just now, Richard Weston said:

From the BBC website (but does not give date as from when):

The pilot programme will also be paused.

Let's hope it's October 1st.

C'mon lets get real here. If 1000 folk can't get to attend the 'British' Final it's not the end of the world.
Getting on top of the pandemic has to be the priority. At the end of the day speedway is still just a sport and although Ipswich and BSPA have put a lot of work into preparing for a meeting there are greater priorities in life.
Covid 19 is out of control so why are measures not been brought in immediately rather than October as quoted?
Surely it would be better having a couple of months full lockdown now and perhaps some level of Christmas and New Year can be salvaged and families can get together and businesses saved.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

C'mon lets get real here. If 1000 folk can't get to attend the 'British' Final it's not the end of the world.
Getting on top of the pandemic has to be the priority. At the end of the day speedway is still just a sport and although Ipswich and BSPA have put a lot of work into preparing for a meeting there are greater priorities in life.
Covid 19 is out of control so why are measures not been brought in immediately rather than October as quoted?
Surely it would be better having a couple of months full lockdown now and perhaps some level of Christmas and New Year can be salvaged and families can get together and businesses saved.

Jeez, don't let B'Witcher or DC2 (and their clique) read that post.  You'll get hung, drawn and quartered for posting such 'nonsense' (in their eyes) but common sense to most others.

For the record I agree with you and if you don't comprehend my comment above, pop on over to the 'Covid-19 Are We Being Told The Truth' thread if you have 6 hours to spare...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It is worth noting, that in Germany Bundesliga soccer is taking place with crowds of several thousand and infection rates higher than many parts of Britain.

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It is worth noting, that in Germany Bundesliga soccer is taking place with crowds of several thousand and infection rates higher than many parts of Britain.

Equally France has an extremely high rate at the moment yet British rugby teams were allowed to travel there for European Cup matches at the weekend.
Got to blame rugby for all this then as doctors and scientists have confirmed C19  reached Scotland via a rugby fans who had been at a match in Italy and unknowingly brought it home with him.
(And my tongue is firmly in my cheek )

Edited by cinderfella

27 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Covid is out of control you say.

Interesting.

Week ending 14th September:

Deaths involving Covid-19: 98 (up from 79)
Deaths involving Flu/Pneumonia: 1127 (up from 874).

We are heading towards winter. Death from respiratory viruses are going to increase, they do EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Christmas and New Year sees very high levels of deaths, far far higher that what we are seeing at the moment and far far higher than anything we have seen this year other than the couple of weeks when Covid was at its peak.

If you are advocating a lockdown now, then we should be locked down in the winter months every single year.

Just like you I have an opinion. It's just out opinions obviously differ.

Some folk think we do go into lockdown every winter as there is no speedway

3 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Just like you I have an opinion. It's just out opinions obviously differ.

Some folk think we do go into lockdown every winter as there is no speedway

I've not given an opinion.

I've given facts.

its been announced this morning that the powers that be are thinking/proposing sports venues to have no public  in the Stadiums , grounds when events are taking place ..

plus less deaths will happen in this winter period because most of the fragile people have been taken from us before winter kicks in .

Edited by jenga