British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just ears to the ground locally......

I hope I've misheard

For what it's worth I've heard nothing yet.

• Thanks 1

The pilot programme, which was to trial events of up to 1,000 spectators, has also been paused.

From the BBC news feed 

1 hour ago, Badge said:

For what it's worth I've heard nothing yet.

THIS Saturday’s British Final at Ipswich will go ahead – but very sadly without fans in attendance.

The meeting will now be a solely behind closed doors, live-streamed event, as a consequence of the Prime Minister’s Tuesday update imposing significant new Covid-19 restrictions on the country

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

Well I know that Ipswich Town FC were supposed to be having 1000 at their home game on Saturday as a trial and that's already now behind closed doors. 

Were they able to find 1,000 :wink: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Yip - free entry but £12.95 to get out :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I understand several fans, from over the border, wanted to come and watch some decent football :P

• Haha 2

I wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket but feel gutted for the fans that did but now can't go.  Whether it was a good or mediocre line up is irrelevant it was a speedway meeting and that's what counts.  I know this virus is serious but for goodness sake do this Government have any idea at all what they are doing.  A speedway meeting with 1000 fans watching in a stadium that holds thousands more than that gets cancelled yet there are more people shopping in a Market close to me 4 days a week and not wearing masks and social distancing is unheard of.  For goodness sake Boris get a grip and let's have some sort of life back.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket but feel gutted for the fans that did but now can't go.  Whether it was a good or mediocre line up is irrelevant it was a speedway meeting and that's what counts.  I know this virus is serious but for goodness sake do this Government have any idea at all what they are doing.  A speedway meeting with 1000 fans watching in a stadium that holds thousands more than that gets cancelled yet there are more people shopping in a Market close to me 4 days a week and not wearing masks and social distancing is unheard of.  For goodness sake Boris get a grip and let's have some sort of life back.

and there we have it.....”more people shopping in a market close to 4 days a week and not wearing masks and social distancing is unheard of”. These are the sort of people that are knowingly flouting the advice and so the virus takes hold again. There our speedway supporters on hear who happily tell they too are flouting the advice, some saying they hope to go to Ipswich and would flout the advice their too. Selfish self centred people who do not care there are others who would love to go to speedway too, but may be vulnerable to infection so are put off going anywhere, never mind a speedway meeting, because they know others couldn’t care less how others feel. A case of a few spoiling it for the many.

• Like 6

So will spedeworth still be allowed to run stockcar meetings? The banger world final is scheduled for Foxhall in 2 weeks with apparently 2500 fans allowed in.

1 minute ago, stu219 said:

So will spedeworth still be allowed to run stockcar meetings? The banger world final is scheduled for Foxhall in 2 weeks with apparently 2500 fans allowed in.

Was one of the difference between stock car and speedway not down to speedway being considered professional while the cars are amateur and similarly that is why NDL speedway can have fans, provided stadiums are Covid 19 compliant, as NDL is considered amateur?

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

and there we have it.....”more people shopping in a market close to 4 days a week and not wearing masks and social distancing is unheard of”. These are the sort of people that are knowingly flouting the advice and so the virus takes hold again. There our speedway supporters on hear who happily tell they too are flouting the advice, some saying they hope to go to Ipswich and would flout the advice their too. Selfish self centred people who do not care there are others who would love to go to speedway too, but may be vulnerable to infection so are put off going anywhere, never mind a speedway meeting, because they know others couldn’t care less how others feel. A case of a few spoiling it for the many.

Really dont want to get to a them and us slanging match but......

Take your last line "A case of the few spoiling it for the many"

So who are the few and who are the many?

This may offend some but "the few" in real terms are "the vulnerable" and yes it is being spoilt for the many

Does that make me and "the many" selfish ? Or is it actually the reality that if the many cant get on with it there wont be any economic benefit to protect "the few" in the future

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Really dont want to get to a them and us slanging match but......

Take your last line "A case of the few spoiling it for the many"

So who are the few and who are the many?

This may offend some but "the few" in real terms are "the vulnerable" and yes it is being spoilt for the many

Does that make me and "the many" selfish ? Or is it actually the reality that if the many cant get on with it there wont be any economic benefit to protect "the few" in the future

Few too many fews for my liking.

Well I'm so gutted I won't have any live speedway to watch on Saturday. 

This Boris bloke is really ruining everything I enjoy in life.   

Just now, Baldyman said:

Well I'm so gutted I won't have any live speedway to watch on Saturday. 

This Boris bloke is really ruining everything I enjoy in life.   

dont blame Boris , blame the thousands of humans who went to the beaches, pubs and other events and could not get to grips with the covid craic . they are the ones who put the mockers on the next 6 months  + . 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Few too many fews for my liking.

Yeah he'll end up blowing a 'fuse' if he's not careful :D

• Haha 2