British Speedway Forum

Whatever your views on how serious or otherwise the situation is , I find it difficult to understand why some because they dont agree feel  they are entitled to ignore the rules.

• Like 4

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY Ipswich will be rewarded for their efforts by at least 1,000 taking the streaming option. Every little helps ...

I have signed up for this

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

dont blame Boris , blame the thousands of humans who went to the beaches, pubs and other events and could not get to grips with the covid craic . they are the ones who put the mockers on the next 6 months  + . 

Not true though is it. There was no spike following beach crowds that were widely reported, or following the well attended stock car events at Ipswich and King's Lynn for example. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

dont blame Boris , blame the thousands of humans who went to the beaches, pubs and other events and could not get to grips with the covid craic . they are the ones who put the mockers on the next 6 months  + . 

Well I've been to the pub a few times,, used to be every week for darts,, but that was stopped. 

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Whatever your views on how serious or otherwise the situation is , I find it difficult to understand why some because they dont agree feel  they are entitled to ignore the rules.

Yes let's just bow our heads,tug our forelocks and get on with putting on our muzzels and taking any experimental medicine they concoct in the coming months without any objection

No thanks. If you don't agree you should shout it from the rooftops, question every dodgy statistic and projection. Follow the rules whilst doing it but dont just comply meekly

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes let's just bow our heads,tug our forelocks and get on with putting on our muzzels and taking any experimental medicine they concoct in the coming months without any objection

No thanks. If you don't agree you should shout it from the rooftops, question every dodgy statistic and projection. Follow the rules whilst doing it but dont just comply meekly

Nothing wrong in what you saying if that’s how you feel, but not all thinking the same are following the rules, and that’s the problem, too many are not adhering fro the advice and therefore stifling aNy sort of recovery from the situation.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Was one of the difference between stock car and speedway not down to speedway being considered professional while the cars are amateur and similarly that is why NDL speedway can have fans, provided stadiums are Covid 19 compliant, as NDL is considered 

The Government don't seem able to grasp that fans watching professional sports and fans watching non professional sports are still people and possibly the same people ie they watch stock cars and speedway, surely reduced capacity for stock cars should also apply equally to other sports, speedway, football etc.  The Virus doesn't know the difference between fans at amateur or professional sports or is it that clever it can pick and choose which venue it decides to strike at, no it can strike anywhere we just all need to take precautions, hands, face, space then perhaps we can all enjoy a bit of life as it used to be.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jenga said:

Well I do blame Boris and the Tory party, testing is a shambles and the new measures are a joke.

Not there fault we got the virus but have been useless and lying ever since.

Edited by Tim G
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Really dont want to get to a them and us slanging match but......

Take your last line "A case of the few spoiling it for the many"

So who are the few and who are the many?

The few are those who not only disagree with what an elected government is advising, but is actively demonstrating with their actions they are ignoring any advice and mix with society in general without taking precautions. Thus, the increase that is taking place meaning the many who want to work along with the advice so restrictions can be lifted and get back to as much normality we can at any point in time.

• Like 7

But the scientists cannot agree on precautions though because no-one is certain how it is transmitted. Some say a mask makes it more likely you'll pick it up. Many suferrers do not have a cough but do have a fever. I'm surprised no-one is suggesting the wearing of gloves for surfaces, handles and the like. It is also true that exposure doesn't mean you'll get it. A virus works in ways we don't understand, all the restrictions do is breed a false sense of security whilst it continues to spread. I don't think there's anything we can really do to stop it and it really has instilled a deep fear of death in people which is actually only a very small risk. 

Wasn't going to bother with Saturday but il book it up now, as someone said every £12.95 will help

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

But the scientists cannot agree on precautions though because no-one is certain how it is transmitted. Some say a mask makes it more likely you'll pick it up. Many suferrers do not have a cough but do have a fever. I'm surprised no-one is suggesting the wearing of gloves for surfaces, handles and the like. It is also true that exposure doesn't mean you'll get it. A virus works in ways we don't understand, all the restrictions do is breed a false sense of security whilst it continues to spread. I don't think there's anything we can really do to stop it and it really has instilled a deep fear of death in people which is actually only a very small risk. 

Zero fear here., but I have heard of some not leaving their house for the last 6 months 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, stu219 said:

So will spedeworth still be allowed to run stockcar meetings? The banger world final is scheduled for Foxhall in 2 weeks with apparently 2500 fans allowed in.

I've just looked up Spedeworth website and it says that ticket sales are suspended for this event. Whether that means they've sold out or they are now panicking is anyone's guess. 

One of my neighbours who usually goes to every stockcar meeting they can told me that Spedeworth are charging £50 a ticket for this one including kids! 

2500 at that price is alot of money to lose out on. 

Imo if it is allowed to go ahead its absolutely fricking rediculous that 1000 can't go to Speedway in the same stadium a week before. 

I have no beef with stockcar racing and have even been a few times myself in the past. 

For the record yes I'm pretty damned p****d off its being run behind closed doors without me there !!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY Ipswich will be rewarded for their efforts by at least 1,000 taking the streaming option. Every little helps ...

£12.95 is way too much to be charging for a one off sporting stream in my opinion, I have never paid for a one off PPV event, boxing etc. As a one-off though I will be re-investing my £20 to watch this event as for once circumstances really were beyond their control and I wan them to cover their costs.

Going forward though they really need to look at their pricing policy, £20 for a week pass or something along those lines, can't be lumping out £13 for every meeting