British Speedway Forum

Just now, Cliffeboy said:

Probably already been asked but why no Charles Wright. Apologies if this has already been asked.

He declined the invitation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

I've just looked up Spedeworth website and it says that ticket sales are suspended for this event. Whether that means they've sold out or they are now panicking is anyone's guess. 

One of my neighbours who usually goes to every stockcar meeting they can told me that Spedeworth are charging £50 a ticket for this one including kids! 

2500 at that price is alot of money to lose out on. 

Imo if it is allowed to go ahead its absolutely fricking rediculous that 1000 can't go to Speedway in the same stadium a week before

I have no beef with stockcar racing and have even been a few times myself in the past. 

For the record yes I'm pretty damned p****d off its being run behind closed doors without me there !!!

"Imo if it is allowed to go ahead its absolutely fricking rediculous that 1000 can't go to Speedway in the same stadium a week before "

EXACTLY RIGHT ! and I would add there's probably more people wandering round supermarkets every day than attending a single speedway meeting. 

I assume Ipswich get a percentage of the live streaming money on Saturday, I'll be watching and I hope others do as well after the Government's latest stay at home announcements yesterday ie if I'm in a pub after 10pm I'm more likely to get the virus than before 10pm, bloody rules are getting so confusing they are becoming a joke. Roll on next year - I hope.

I see Kyle Bickley has withdrawn from Saturday's meeting and will be replaced by Joe Thompson.
While many of us questioned his inclusion I sincerely hope the negativity on forums isn't behind his withdrawal and wish the lad well.
I've seen what he IS capable over the last few seasons so let's hope he's just hit a wee slump due to lack of time on the track.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I see Kyle Bickley has withdrawn from Saturday's meeting and will be replaced by Joe Thompson.
While many of us questioned his inclusion I sincerely hope the negativity on forums isn't behind his withdrawal and wish the lad well.
I've seen what he IS capable over the last few seasons so let's hope he's just hit a wee slump due to lack of time on the track.

I think the 'negativity' was more the way the line-up was brought about and the fact that it's not worthy of the title, you couldn't blame him for initially accepting the offer. As for 'wee slumps' he has admitted that he found the step up from NL a very big one. 

48 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I was paying 20 to watch at stadium,,, but I won't pay 13 to watch on a little screen on my phone.. 

IMAGINE most who stream will watch on a laptop. Can also be transferred to a TV from computer... 

Edited by PHILIPRISING

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IMAGINE most who stream will watch on a laptop. Can also be transferred to a TV from computer... 

I would imagine they will,, but I don't have a lap top 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

I don't have a lap top 

Is that why your little witch is sitting on a mushroom? :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I was paying 20 to watch at stadium,,, but I won't pay 13 to watch on a little screen on my phone.. 

get a BIGGER phone or can you cast it o your tv ?

1 minute ago, jenga said:

get a BIGGER phone or can you cast it o your tv ?

Dont you need a smart TV to be able to cast to? As I haven't got a smart TV,, I've got an old one which is dumb. Added to that,, I probably don't have enough mobile data either. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Dont you need a smart TV to be able to cast to? As I haven't got a smart TV,, I've got an old one which is dumb. Added to that,, I probably don't have enough mobile data either. 

Hmm , i think you do . i am sure someone will put us both in the know ..

53 minutes ago, jenga said:

Hmm , i think you do . i am sure someone will put us both in the know ..

All you need is a chromecast, cost £30 in Argos and plenty of places online.  It plugs into a telly's HDMI port (every telly has at least one or two unless they're over 10 or so years old) and then you just cast the stream to your tv.  You will be able to cast loads of stuff like  BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc.  You will also be able to cast Netflix and Prime Movies if you have those.

We have 3 chromecasts (on 3 non-smart tv's) in our home plus one smart tv in the lounge.  Can pretty much cast anything from our iphones to any tv we like.  It's that simple :t:

Oh and it casts via wifi not mobile data.

Edited by chris4gillian

If you have an HDMI on your tv then you can connect your phone using a cable.