British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

All you need is a chromecast, cost £30 in Argos and plenty of places online.  It plugs into a telly's HDMI port (every telly has at least one or two unless they're over 10 or so years old) and then you just cast the stream to your tv.  You will be able to cast loads of stuff like  BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc.  You will also be able to cast Netflix and Prime Movies if you have those.

We have 3 chromecasts (on 3 non-smart tv's) in our home plus one smart tv in the lounge.  Can pretty much cast anything from our iphones to any tv we like.  It's that simple :t:

Oh and it casts via wifi not mobile data.

I only have mobile data,, so I'm out of luck by the look of it 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No laptop, no tablet and no wi-fi..?  Where do you live?  In a cave? :D

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Do you know what a laydown is Baldyman or are you lucky enough to be still surrounded by Rudges, Douggies and JAPs?

11 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

No cable TV either.  I've never bothered with Gadgets,, and I've never really needed a computer, so never needed Internet.

I have a few gigs on my phone,, and that's normally plenty for what I normally do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Do you know what a laydown is Baldyman or are you lucky enough to be still surrounded by Rudges, Douggies and JAPs?

I'm not that old,,, as far as speedway fans go,,, I'm not old at all. 

• Haha 3

My refund's already come thru!

• Like 1

Same here money refunded .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY Ipswich will be rewarded for their efforts by at least 1,000 taking the streaming option. Every little helps ...

Yes have signed up if only to support the people who put so  much effort into organising the event

• Like 1

Well I won't be reinvesting my money when I get it in getting the stream. 

I have the technology but I've said before on this thread that most of my enjoyment of speedway is being there, it's not just the racing, it's a night out, it's the whole experience. Paying £20 to watch it live and I'm there. £13 to stream it, no chance. 

I'm really not that fond of watching speedway on TV, I've still got 4 of the GP's recorded but not watched and can't stand all of the crap they chat about. I know that's what fast forward is for but it only lasts half an hour then. 

So disappointed right now! 

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Well I won't be reinvesting my money when I get it in getting the stream. 

I have the technology but I've said before on this thread that most of my enjoyment of speedway is being there, it's not just the racing, it's a night out, it's the whole experience. Paying £20 to watch it live and I'm there. £13 to stream it, no chance. 

I'm really not that fond of watching speedway on TV, I've still got 4 of the GP's recorded but not watched and can't stand all of the crap they chat about. I know that's what fast forward is for but it only lasts half an hour then. 

So disappointed right now! 

Absolutely agree.  I was due to attend, streaming the event won’t compare.  I was looking forward to the noise, smell, etc. that only live speedway can give.  Unfortunately it’s also a diluted line up which further puts me off watching it on television.  Yes I am curious as to how crump and others like kemp perform, but watching the stream will only serve to remind me what a great deal of effort I put into going to then be denied at the last minute!

Nothing like being their, standing near the pits listening to the bikes being warmed up , burger and chips, then finding a good spot near the first corner saying hi to someone with a different programme board to mine wishing them a safe journey home , am afraid u can keep your stream but admire u for trying

32 minutes ago, chun said:

Absolutely agree.  I was due to attend, streaming the event won’t compare.  I was looking forward to the noise, smell, etc. that only live speedway can give.  Unfortunately it’s also a diluted line up which further puts me off watching it on television.  Yes I am curious as to how crump and others like kemp perform, but watching the stream will only serve to remind me what a great deal of effort I put into going to then be denied at the last minute!

Streaming

• Thanks 1

Of course live is better but I will be supporting British speedway, have paid for the stream and hope to be able to watch it - if not then hey ho, I will know that I stood up to be counted and that it will have benefitted the sport in this country.  I presume they are advertising the stream to those fans abroad in some way?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Of course live is better but I will be supporting British speedway, have paid for the stream and hope to be able to watch it - if not then hey ho, I will know that I stood up to be counted and that it will have benefitted the sport in this country.  I presume they are advertising the stream to those fans abroad in some way?

LIKE your thinking...