British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Does anyone know if the stream can be watched later rather than live or can it be recorded on a Sky box. 

I'm no expert here but on looking at the website, the information says regarding the British Final says " if you have difficulty viewing the event either live or on demand contact us by email ..... "

I assume from that then that once paid for you can watch it on demand as catch up?

I doubt you can record it on a sky box though. I maybe wrong.

It will be a first for me but I want to support the initiative so I'm going to give it a go.

• Like 1

You wont be able to record it using sky. The only way you could record it, is by streaming it and then recording your device using some other software. 

25 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm no expert here but on looking at the website, the information says regarding the British Final says " if you have difficulty viewing the event either live or on demand contact us by email ..... "

I assume from that then that once paid for you can watch it on demand as catch up?

I doubt you can record it on a sky box though. I maybe wrong.

It will be a first for me but I want to support the initiative so I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks. I too will be supporting the event but just wanted to check that it can be watched later rather than live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nothing like being their, standing near the pits listening to the bikes being warmed up , burger and chips, then finding a good spot near the first corner saying hi to someone with a different programme board to mine wishing them a safe journey home , am afraid u can keep your stream but admire u for trying

totally agree BUT in this case i will subscribe to help support the sport - i think i saw somewhere if successful this service will be available next year  for some matches that people can'y get to

Edited by startline sid
typo error
  • Like 1

We all know that the noise, smell, etc. that only live speedway can give is part of the enjoyment and that also many fans would have put in a lot of effort in to be at this meeting in travel etc but just think of all the effort the Promoters have put in to try and get this meeting on, first with 2,000 fans then to have it slashed to 1,000 then a couple of days before it takes place the rug is whipped from under their feet with no fans allowed at all. The riders who agreed to take part I am sure would prefer to have fans there instead of riding in an empty stadium to what for some of them might have been their only ride this season (whether they are top riders or not is irrelevant).  I have paid for the live stream and I hope as someone else said that 1,000 fans sign up to watch and even more than that would be great.  At least by watching it will show to the Riders and Ipswich Promotion that we do care about Speedway and even though there will only be 2 of us watching in my house we'll be cheering on our riders (Eastbourne).  As for the noise and the smell of the bikes we'll just have to use our imagination and old memories.  Roll on Saturday and please dont let it rain.

Edited by hammer1969
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

We all know that the noise, smell, etc. that only live speedway can give is part of the enjoyment and that also many fans would have put in a lot of effort in to be at this meeting in travel etc but just think of all the effort the Promoters have put in to try and get this meeting on, first with 2,000 fans then to have it slashed to 1,000 then 2 a couple of days before it takes place the rug is whipped from under their feet with no fans allowed at all. The riders who agreed to take part I am sure would prefer to have fans there instead of riding in an empty stadium to what for some of them might have been their only ride this season (whether they are top riders or not is irrelevant).  I have paid for the live stream and I hope as someone else said that 1,000 fans sign up to watch and even more than that would be great.  At least by watching it will show to the Riders and Ipswich Promotion that we do care about Speedway and even though there will only be 2 of us watching in my house we'll be cheering on our riders (Eastbourne).  As for the noise and the smell of the bikes we'll just have to use our imagination and old memories.  Roll on Saturday and please dont let it rain.

well said my feelings exactly - will be buying the stream (did actually have a ticket as well but that's the way things go at present)  

• Like 1

I think we’d all rather be there for the reasons stated above but I’ll be showing my support for British speedway by subscribing to the streaming service.

I’m also a keen Northampton Town fan and have purchased a season ticket knowing full well that I won’t be able to attend games for a while. The main thing is I want the ‘Cobblers’ and British speedway to still be around when life returns to normal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

If you have an HDMI on your tv then you can connect your phone using a cable.

Or a smart TV working off your WiFi, go to the web browser n the TV and log in I would have thought?

Edited by M.D

Anyway, Ive paid for the live stream as I do feel for the effort put in to put somethimg on for us, I ws never going but may watch now.. 

• Like 2

British speedway fans ..... ‘ why isn’t speedway moving with the times ?’

BSPA ....ok. ( during a worldwide pandemic)  Here’s a livestream for the British final’

fans .....  bloody hell £13 !!!! Too dear... streaming ? I don’t  have WiFi,.... I miss the smell.... I want greasy burger and chips....

BSPA... look. There’s people dying , this is the best we can do in the current situation.

fans ....   No way  that’s it I’m done 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Grachan said:

If you have an HDMI on your tv then you can connect your phone using a cable.

You also need a USB port (or plug) for that and it doesn't work with most paid for apps like Nexflix etc.

Edited by chris4gillian

can i just add a thank you to all the forum members who replied to baldyman and myself about the streaming .  sorry we are not up to speed with that sort of stuff. 

but thank you for your information . 

enjoy your British final . hope its a cracker for you all ..,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Or a smart TV working off your WiFi, go to the web browser n the TV and log in I would have thought?

This is something that needs urgent  clarification by the BSPA and their chosen stream provider. Some streaming services will not work on a Smart TV. The EFL Ifollow service is an example of this. With Ifollow you have to connect with a phone,tablet,laptop etc  and either use  a HDMI cable or cast to the TV to view on the TV.

4 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Thanks. I too will be supporting the event but just wanted to check that it can be watched later rather than live.

Below is copied from their guide and it suggests you can watch it later. I'm unsure too if I can watch it live so I hope so.

To watch the live-stream head over to your Account to review your order history. For each order you've placed there will be a link to watch the event live (once the broadcast has commenced, of course) plus also a link to re-watch historical events on-demand.