British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Which begs the question can speedway really be classed as an Elite or fully professional sport when the vast majority of riders have other jobs?
Time Promoters and SCB got the true status of the sport sorted out.

A few riders went out to find work to bring in some finances because of their outlay last winter. Some work for their sponsors & some even work for delivery firms. It was only because of the suspension of racing that this happened.

As some riders have come out and said that they will not be racing in a one off meeting because of lack of practice, being a danger to themselves & others & if they have mechanical issues, further finances to find or have an accident, their income is suspended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coldace said:

No surprise that Kennett has withdrawn, don't think he has a Northern satnav! 

Would have it been possible to give his spot to Jordan Palin?  Surely a bit more competitive around the NSS.

Could not find his 3mm drill bit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tocha said:

It is quite possible that Kennett is working today and not possible to get from Hailsham to Manchester in time.

No doubt he is working – it's a job which puts the food on the table.

• Like 3

Is this being shown on Eurosport or stream only?

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Is this being shown on Eurosport or stream only?

Stream only 

The europsort contract been delayed 1 year. So doesnt start till next year 

Ok, appreciated.

7 hours ago, coldace said:

No surprise that Kennett has withdrawn, don't think he has a Northern satnav! 

Would have it been possible to give his spot to Jordan Palin?  Surely a bit more competitive around the NSS.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to give the place to Dan Gilkes as reward for coming runner up in the u19's. Gilkes out scored Palin at Belle Vue & Kent in every meeting they raced against each other last season.  

• Thanks 1

Is this still on just seen post on Facebook cancelled because if heavy rain. Just about to book it

Just now, bruno said:

Is this still on just seen post on Facebook cancelled because if heavy rain. Just about to book it

No its definitely on.

Bomber's had a year to get his bike ready but misses the two minute warning in race one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone else having buffering problems?  Mine was fine for last thursdays meeting but tonight it's all stop go.   I have emailed the provider, just wondering if it's only me..

Just now, nw42 said:

Anyone else having buffering problems?  Mine was fine for last thursdays meeting but tonight it's all stop go.   I have emailed the provider, just wondering if it's only me..

Mines been fine 

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Mine fine. Are you using the same player as Thursday, there are 4 to choose from.