British Speedway Forum

I thought the picture quality was great.

I watched it on my TV, used the web browser page on the TV, went onto the site, logged into my account and a really good full screen picture came through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOTHING decided yet. Might be another BF before Cardiff 2021

That's what  i was saying.Wouldn't the Cardiff GP 2021 be for the British Champion 2021,afterall they normally hold the BF before Cardiff.

• Like 2

Very nice to hear that the numbers for the live steaming were really good.  I must admit, having watched both meetings, that they exceeded my expectations.

It is obviously something to build on and wouldn't it be nice to have another meeting in October?

• Like 1

Was shocked to hear Jason Crump say in an interview just after the final that he broke his pelvis and wrist in a Motocross accident back in June, which makes his 3rd place all the more remarkable! I did not know this

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Good luck to Rory Schlein in Cardiff in 2021. Finally made it as an SGP rider even if it's through another country's back door. Whose flag will he be flying?

no wild card for that meeting the cardiff 2021 wild card will be winner of 2021 british final !!

21 hours ago, nw42 said:

That's interesting, I did consider swapping devices but I thought I'd read that you can only watch on one device and not change. Glad you were at least able to watch, phone screens aren't too bad once you've zoned in.

I think it said you could not watch on more than 1 device, shut the lap top down, logged back in on my phone, was all good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Good to note that funds from pay per view were enough to not make a loss.

Whilst we don't need to know the exact ins and outs of every financial transcation, it's refreshing for the BSPA to open up and pass on this information too. Long may that continue!

• Like 2

What is also refreshing to see, is a meeting going ahead in conditions that are anything but perfect. All too often we see meetings cancelled or called off where there is a hint of rain and the track is abit damp. You only need to watch a few of the heats from Monday to see it is possible if you've got the right sort of riders who are up for giving it a real go.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

it is possible if you've got the right sort of riders who are up for giving it a real go.

And it is the lack of that application and effort that has seen me watch fewer and fewer domesic UK league matches over the three seasons previous to this one - even though I live only three miles from a track! ( assuming this is rated as a season! )

• Like 1

Good to be reminded about what an excellent co-commentator Chris Louis is ... Hopefully Eurosport will make use of him next year (if he wants!) rather than the hapless Ermolenko.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

And it is the lack of that application and effort that has seen me watch fewer and fewer domesic UK league matches over the three seasons previous to this one - even though I live only three miles from a track! ( assuming this is rated as a season! )

Unfortunately it’s no surprise when you hear what riders are on per point over here compared to Poland.....why risk injury on a British track and therefore a bumper pay day the following Sunday?  

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

What is also refreshing to see, is a meeting going ahead in conditions that are anything but perfect. All too often we see meetings cancelled or called off where there is a hint of rain and the track is abit damp. You only need to watch a few of the heats from Monday to see it is possible if you've got the right sort of riders who are up for giving it a real go.

100%, anywhere else that meeting would have been off. As far as rider's willing to give it a go, the winner, Rory Schlein is one of the biggest complainants regards wet tracks.

That tells you the massive compliments Belle Vue deserve. I'd go as far as, any BSPA or world event should be held only at Belle Vue in the UK, it never fails to deliver. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

100%, anywhere else that meeting would have been off. As far as rider's willing to give it a go, the winner, Rory Schlein is one of the biggest complainants regards wet tracks.

That tells you the massive compliments Belle Vue deserve. I'd go as far as, any BSPA or world event should be held only at Belle Vue in the UK, it never fails to deliver. 

Not sure about that - think it was the attitude of all to get it on.  I remember watching a really wet meeting at Lynn a while back - may have been a commonwealth final or something but Andy Smith really stood out as he was racing hard in sodden conditions whereas others were much more tentative.  Only by racing in those conditions do you get used to it of course and I agree about call-offs.  However, if the surface is really deep and soaking then it needs blading off and not everywhere has that capability.  On Monday the track was not deep and therefore it allows that consistent grip level - later on of course when the dirt built up on the outside we saw what the impact of hitting that can be with R Worrall.  If I were a promoter Mr Brennan would be on my wish list.