British Speedway Forum

On 10/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, Grand Central said:

It was for a while ... that sort of squirming-for-him type comedy of David Brent or Alan Partridge.
But the comedic value has waned with relentless repetition.

But leaving Sam out of it ... Dave Rowe and Chris Louis would seem a good partnership for domestic TV next year,
Other ideas that come to mind  are ... not to employ any 'dolly birds' with no Speedway experience, give us a rest from NP/KT for a while (leave them on the GPs), cut down on the studio nonsense and  give us rapid-fire racing with just the odd (brief) interview with riders ONLY when there is an incident worth commenting on (Steve Brandon always seems to get that right).

Who are the “dolly birds with no speedway experience”?

By the way, Steve Brandon was being lined up by BSI this year before the schedule was changed. 

10 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

You may well ask ... I've lost track of the names of all of them too  ... 

Edited by Grand Central

19 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

By the way, Steve Brandon was being lined up by BSI this year before the schedule was changed. 

Every female that's ever appeared on an English language speedway broadcast except for Natalie Quirk and Marcelina Whatsername

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Every female that's ever appeared on an English language speedway broadcast except for Natalie Quirk and Marcelina Whatsername

Suzi Perry was just as good.

9 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Suzi Perry was just as good.

She was good at TV presenting, that's why she's gone on to create a career for herself outside of sport, she had little to no speedway experience and was asking the same questions at the end of her speedway career that she was at the beginning. Suzi was and is a MotoGP presenter I'm not sure she had any experience of speedway before she started presenting

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Suzi Perry was great in the early days of tv coverage. She had a superb rapport with the riders, (particularly Alun Rossiter!) Then she went off to chase the money, and was nowhere near as good when she returned.

Mrs Nicholls wasn't bad, but my favourite was the ultra professional Julia Bradbury who did the Channel 4 show.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terry said:

Suzi Perry was great in the early days of tv coverage. She had a superb rapport with the riders, (particularly Alun Rossiter!) Then she went off to chase the money, and was nowhere near as good when she returned.

Mrs Nicholls wasn't bad, but my favourite was the ultra professional Julia Bradbury who did the Channel 4 show.

Think Perry / Bradbury a cut above Sophie Blake who was best of the rest who are nowhere near comparison

Bradbury / Perry are proper TV Presenters it shows / showed.

Quirke is strictly non league in comparison. Kiri Bloor irritates hell out of me too.

30 minutes ago, HGould said:

Think Perry / Bradbury a cut above Sophie Blake who was best of the rest who are nowhere near comparison

Bradbury / Perry are proper TV Presenters it shows / showed.

Quirke is strictly non league in comparison. Kiri Bloor irritates hell out of me too.

I don't mind Natalie Quirke. She and Scott make a decent team, although they should get a third person to offer a different perspective.

You're right about Kiri Bloor, she's bloody awful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, Terry said:

I don't mind Natalie Quirke. She and Scott make a decent team, although they should get a third person to offer a different perspective.

You're right about Kiri Bloor, she's bloody awful.

Kiri Bloor’s best one was a couple of years ago: she went up to NKI after, I think, his third poor race in a row and said “Well Niels, you seem to be having a decent evening” Niels put her right by asking her what meeting she’d been watching. But, being a gentleman, avoided saying anything that the broadcaster would have had to apologise for :nono:

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:55 AM, Terry said:

Julia Bradbury interviewing Ryan Sullivan in a swimming pool was go and get yourselves a room TV

22 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Julia Bradbury interviewing Ryan Sullivan in a swimming pool was go and get yourselves a room TV

.....and indeed they did!

Jumping ahead to this year's British final, I wonder if there will be any qualifying. Nothing in the fixtures, but there are some blank dates. I believe last year would have been the top ten seeded, with another sixteen competing for the last six places. Scheduled to be at Sheffield.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, RS50 said:

Jumping ahead to this year's British final, I wonder if there will be any qualifying. Nothing in the fixtures, but there are some blank dates. I believe last year would have been the top ten seeded, with another sixteen competing for the last six places. Scheduled to be at Sheffield.

Not Sheffield but Belle Vue, Monday 16th August and live on Eurosport I believe. Surprised that 'under 21' champion Tom Brennan has not been included.

https://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/britishfinal