British Speedway Forum

50 minutes ago, Badge said:

Not on our track, unless he's changed his mindset/equipment from the past ;)

I was coming from the 'quality of the opposition' angle rather than the above.

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

Has he been riding much elsewhere this season do you know?

Been doing the longtrack but I'm not aware of anything else.

Looks like the pilot scheme for allowing limited attendance to test events has been suspended. Will this still go ahead behind closed doors? 

4 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Looks like the pilot scheme for allowing limited attendance to test events has been suspended. Will this still go ahead behind closed doors? 

There isn't any reason for it not to bearing in mind the effort many have gone to, to get this meeting in the calendar.  There's also some income from the live stream subscribers which may have another 1000 after refunds (I assume) have been issued.

Edited by chris4gillian
typo

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

There isn't any reason for it not to bearing in mind the effort many have gone to, to get this meeting in the calendar.  There's also some income from the live stream subscribers which may have another 1000 after refunds (I assume) have been issued.

On this we agree, it will be interesting to see the take up of the live stream to ascertain whether it is something viable to consider in the future for other events too.

It could be the right circumstances for Ben barker to do very well . Like has been mentioned , alot of the would be favourites have had very little track time and the younger riders in the field might let the occasion get to them. If Ben's bikes are reliable and he races with (in his own words) the win it or bin it attitude then he won't be far off . Hoping everyone has a good day and stays safe. 

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just seen on BBC new app,Boris announced crowds at sports events from October will not now go ahead.

Rugby test event tonight is now being played behind closed doors. I'd be amazed if Saturday goes ahead with fans inside the stadium.

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

On this we agree, it will be interesting to see the take up of the live stream to ascertain whether it is something viable to consider in the future for other events too.

We agree because this is speedway based and not Covid/Coronavirus related...on that we'll never agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Jeez, don't let B'Witcher or DC2 (and their clique) read that post.  You'll get hung, drawn and quartered for posting such 'nonsense' (in their eyes) but common sense to most others.

For the record I agree with you and if you don't comprehend my comment above, pop on over to the 'Covid-19 Are We Being Told The Truth' thread if you have 6 hours to spare...

I just get lines of text saying "You have chosen to ignore"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It will be off full stop - not even behind closed doors :angry:

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Poss up to 6 months or longer,,, so that could see next seasons speedway already under threat.  

WHO knows what will happen six days from now let alone six months but hopefully an April start next year.

Not sure about the British Final ... pilot scheme for events from October 1st cancelled but nothing to categorically suggest that an event with 1,000 this week cannot continue.

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHO knows what will happen six days from now let alone six months but hopefully an April start next year.

Not sure about the British Final ... pilot scheme for events from October 1st cancelled but nothing to categorically suggest that an event with 1,000 this week cannot continue.

Just ears to the ground locally......

I hope I've misheard

Well I know that Ipswich Town FC were supposed to be having 1000 at their home game on Saturday as a trial and that's already now behind closed doors. 

I'm wondering if the BSPA are in the process of trying to get some kind of clarification on dates and what's allowed before giving us the bad news. 

Maybe it will go ahead, I suppose if enough people have taken up the stream option. 

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.