British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Apologies, but I've been a bit in and out of this. Why was Dan not riding in this meeting in the first place?

He was originally and accepted his place, but his Polish team named him in squad for Polish playoff for Sunday so he has to be there so he had to withdraw.

6 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Why he turned down his place? As did Cook and Wright so they shouldnt be back in. But hey it speedway so probably will. :mad:

Totally agree.As i said i can now watch it Monday but may change my mind if they decide to make changes.Although the riders you mentioned would make the line-up so much stronger it would be totally unfair on the riders who have already agreed to ride in this competition.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

He was originally and accepted his place, but his Polish team named him in squad for Polish playoff for Sunday so he has to be there so he had to withdraw.

He didnt HAVE to he CHOSE to....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Badge said:

Now been moved to belle vue Monday 28th

The tea served in the pits there is nowhere near the standard of that available at Foxhall ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Shouldn't be given the chance - his choice to give it up for Poland 

If someone drops out now he shouldn't even be on the list to call

Mmm if the World Long Track in Poland is rained off on Sunday Monday is the rescheduled date so Chris Harris could miss out.
Hope if that is the case they promote Dan Taylor from reserve and give him the same opporchancity as his brother. But knowing British Speedway they will probably call in Bewley,  Jordan Palin or Leon Flint because of the BV connection.

I think someone should tell the local news this has been moved. Just been on and they saying it going on without a crowd,, but looking unlikely with the weather.   No,,, it's been moved to belle Vue already you donuts 

• Haha 1

More twists and turns and confusion. Weather or technical reasons? At least we now know BV stream is top quality. That's reassuring. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He didnt HAVE to he CHOSE to....

Of course we had too.  Unless your new to speedway that's a really poor post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think someone should tell the local news this has been moved. Just been on and they saying it going on without a crowd,, but looking unlikely with the weather.   No,,, it's been moved to belle Vue already you donuts 

Hope they've remembered to tell the company doing the live stream and more importantly  the riders !!  2021 can't come quick enough for me surely it won't be any worse than 2020 - will it,  I'm totally p....d off with 2020.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Hope they've remembered to tell the company doing the live stream and more importantly  the riders !!  2021 can't come quick enough for me surely it won't be any worse than 2020 - will it,  I'm totally p....d off with 2020.

Don't hold your breath. 2021 could be a repeat performance of this year.

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

BBC Look East had about five minutes on the final. They said it had been moved to Belle Vue on Monday. At least it was a good bit of publicity about speedway with interviews with Chris Louis, Danny King and Jason Crump.

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Of course we had too.  Unless your new to speedway that's a really poor post.

It was a choice  - I could accept if you said he felt he had no other choice as he could be  'black balled' by Poland but it was a choice nine the less

Once that choice is made he has to live with it IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It was a choice  - I could accept if you said he felt he had no other choice as he could be  'black balled' by Poland but it was a choice nine the less

Once that choice is made he has to live with it IMO

Can anyone shed light on when the rule about "competing in your National Championship taking precedence over other meetings" actually changed or are the Poles just flexing their financial muscles?

The more interesting question is, why didn't they just run the meeting a few days later in Ipswich? Why the rush and therefore need to find an alternate venue?