British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

The more interesting question is, why didn't they just run the meeting a few days later in Ipswich? Why the rush and therefore need to find an alternate venue?

Stock car world Final next weekend - need to prepare the stadium for that including the 2500 fans that will be attending......

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The more interesting question is, why didn't they just run the meeting a few days later in Ipswich? Why the rush and therefore need to find an alternate venue?

Perhaps the fact there is a World Championship Stock Car meeting with a crowd (paying £50 a ticket I believe) they need access to prepare the tracks etc.?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It was a choice  - I could accept if you said he felt he had no other choice as he could be  'black balled' by Poland but it was a choice nine the less

Once that choice is made he has to live with it IMO

He had no choice 100%.  He has a contract in Poland, he was picked to ride so has too 

5 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Can anyone shed light on when the rule about "competing in your National Championship taking precedence over other meetings" actually changed or are the Poles just flexing their financial muscles?

More likely something about logged calendar dates (in which case Dan possibly could be excused :))

46 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Hope they've remembered to tell the company doing the live stream and more importantly  the riders !!  2021 can't come quick enough for me surely it won't be any worse than 2020 - will it,  I'm totally p....d off with 2020.

Think you'll find the streaming company knew first

They've already emailed me and offered a full refund if I don't wish to watch on Monday.  I will still watch it but not live as cannot make it on Monday.  Really disappointed it's not somewhere different though.

43 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

More likely something about logged calendar dates (in which case Dan possibly could be excused :))

IF the date had been logged surely Dan would have known and not accepted the booking for the British Open (sorry Final) ?

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He didnt HAVE to he CHOSE to....

All polish league participants have signed a contract to say they will give Polish meetings preference.

therefore Dan had no choice

• Like 1

Glad to see it at Belle Vue....

personally speaking Ipswich is very low down on my list of favoured tracks.

The last time I went was two years ago as I had to attend a funeral in the area... prior to that a 27 year gap in going to Ipswich.

I would have liked to have seen a meeting on the old track... the stock car track

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

All polish league participants have signed a contract to say they will give Polish meetings preference.

It's a wonder the Poles don't have them racing on Polish Licences then and getting Polish passports.
Poland have sadly become too dominant both on and off the track in the speedway world

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They've already emailed me and offered a full refund if I don't wish to watch on Monday.  I will still watch it but not live as cannot make it on Monday.  Really disappointed it's not somewhere different though.

it is at the best track in britain and top 3 in world :party:

23 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Glad to see it at Belle Vue....

personally speaking Ipswich is very low down on my list of favoured tracks.

The last time I went was two years ago as I had to attend a funeral in the area... prior to that a 27 year gap in going to Ipswich.

I would have liked to have seen a meeting on the old track... the stock car track

Even us Witches fans who are only of an age to know the new track agree with the last sentence  - it would be awesome!!

Even with the existing inside line if it could be reshaped to encompass part of the stock car track to give greater width (particularly off 2 and 4) it would be great

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Fair comment :t:

33 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

it is at the best track in britain and top 3 in world :party:

In your opinion of course, which you are entitled to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I saw that there were several 'other streams' apparently being offered for the Belle Vue meeting last night - don't know if they were all false leads or not but reportedly the quality of the official stream was good, so am looking forward to watching tomorrow.

The only genuine stream was the Sportcentral.tv stream. The other 2 that I saw were scams.