British Speedway Forum

37 minutes ago, HGould said:

Speedway GB now confirmed Sales for British Final are SUSPENDED again, I tried to buy yesterday just as suspended for one reason and same today for another.

Having read a ton of positive feedback about the Meeting at Plymouth last night ; I tried to book for their next Meeting at 9am this morning..

British Final in past 24 hours - available / suspended / available / suspended... (total confusion)

Plymouth Speedway this morning for next meeting "we are seeking clarification of new Government measures due to be announced later today and if permissible will put tickets on sale ........as soon as possible" (clear information)

Anyone watching news last night or this morning should have been on the ball that new Measures are inevitable. 

A Small Club is, The SGB isn't

Why?

Because the BSPA don’t run Plymouth?

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Because the BSPA don’t run Plymouth?

sporting events can go ahead boris just said !!

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

He said pilot events for sport later this month are on hold didn't he?? The British Final is one of those,

How long has this been the case ? 

The British Speedway Ticket Office is currently closed.

British Final ticket applications are currently suspended.

22 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No he didn't !

yes he did !!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Have to wait for the detail

British Final is a pilot event so probably OFF.

The Youth and NDL at places like Scunthorpe, Leicester, Plymouth might be OK under the current guidelines as what he means as Sports Events can continue".

Very confusing 

Just now, HGould said:

Have to wait for the detail

British Final is a pilot event so probably OFF.

The Youth and NDL at places like Scunthorpe, Leicester, Plymouth might be OK under the current guidelines as what he means as Sports Events can continue".

Very confusing 

I reckon grass roots will be ok. Professional sports with larger crowds look a no goer.

• Like 1

Mr Johnson said: "At the present time we must also I am afraid revise plans to pilot larger audiences in venues later this month and review our intention to return audiences to stadiums and conference centres from October 1.

"But that doesn't mean we are going to scrap the programme entirely, we are just going to have to review it and abridge it and the Culture Secretary will say more about that shortly."

Pilot events scheduled for September, including the Women’s Super League football match between West Ham and Arsenal on Saturday, will be reviewed.

Other events this month include football’s non-league finals day on September 27, race meetings at Warwick and Newmarket on September 21 and 24 respectively, a basketball exhibition match in Newcastle on September 18 and a speedway event in Ipswich on September 26.

If horse racing is no crowds and football might be having a delay in crowds, I doubt speedway will go ahead. Unless they just allow locals as he said about Uni students not going home if they is a breakout, so it is not spread around the country.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If horse racing is no crowds and football might be having a delay in crowds, I doubt speedway will go ahead. Unless they just allow locals as he said about Uni students not going home if they is a breakout, so it is not spread around the country.

BBC Sport Website saying limited crowds of 1000 social distancing (two worst words of 2020 on BBC)  Reporters saying ' They Social Distancing of course'  Yes we flipping know it!

I just got this reply to a tweet I sent to Eurosport asking about TV coverage of the Final. 

I'm happy to hear that you are a fan of the British Speedway event. We are still looking at the possibility of broadcasting the British Speedway Final on the 26.09.2020 , as soon as I have more information I will get in touch with you. Kindly bear with us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Central said:

No he didn't !

yes he did and now they are limited !!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

According to the BBC, test events will be restricted to 1000 punters. 

BSPA have tweeted it's on hold while they make decision ??