Ryan Fisher

Tommy Allen

Andre Compton 

Troy Batchelor

Chris Holder

Nicki Pedersen

Andre Compton...another 'Goon'.

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Apparently he really got picked on at Plough Lane soon after he caused Kelvin Tatum's bad injury at Wolves by some of the Wimbledon riders who gave him a hard time.

Yup... Eriksen certainly wasn't the most popular visitor to Plough Lane in the 80's!

Of course, a few years earlier we had a similar situation with Steve Bastable, when Rudy ended up in hospital. Even though he eventually came back, he was never the same.

• Like 2

I remember reading in the Star Riders Profile that Steve Bastable really hated riding at Plough Lane. Not surprising when he continually got the ‘Bird’ for causing the accident with Rudy Muts in 1979 as Chunky mentioned above.

One fan on the 1st bend (Fred I think who had a very loud voice) always managed to enlongate Stevie B’s surname to make it sound like one of dubious parentage..!

1 hour ago, prodons said:

One fan on the 1st bend (Fred I think who had a very loud voice) always managed to enlongate Stevie B’s surname to make it sound like one of dubious parentage..!

He wasn't the only one!

You may also recall the incident at Plough Lane with Eric Broadbelt after he clashed with Johnsy? Broadbelt came back to the pits, and lashed out through the railings and hit Ian O'Neil...

6 hours ago, chunky said:

He wasn't the only one!

You may also recall the incident at Plough Lane with Eric Broadbelt after he clashed with Johnsy? Broadbelt came back to the pits, and lashed out through the railings and hit Ian O'Neil...

...at least it wasn't with a rake! Apparently Eric once went looking for John Louis with a track rake after an incident at Foxhall Heath and John Berry defused the potentially nasty coming together by rugby tackling him!

Edited by steve roberts

The late Zdenek Kudrna ruffled a few feathers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OGT said:

The late Zdenek Kudrna ruffled a few feathers. 

...as did Vaclav Verner!

Barney Kennett was a tough old character!

Edited by steve roberts

Hard riders and characters which we moan about today saying there should be more characters like them but when someone like Nicki P does something hard he gets lampooned for being a Burk. Can't win really. Bit like if rock stars today acted like Ozzy Osbourne etc did back in the day they would be criticized, world's changed I suppose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Hard riders and characters which we moan about today saying there should be more characters like them but when someone like Nicki P does something hard he gets lampooned for being a Burk. Can't win really. Bit like if rock stars today acted like Ozzy Osbourne etc did back in the day they would be criticized, world's changed I suppose

I get your point but when Pedersen rode for the "Cheetahs"  in his very first match he needlessly rode thru' Lee Richardson sending him sprawling. I have no problems riders holding their ground and putting their elbows about so to speak when in close proximation but when some riders go purposely looking for trouble I draw the line.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, Bagpuss said:

Ryan Fisher

Tommy Allen

Andre Compton 

Troy Batchelor

Chris Holder

Nicki Pedersen

Disliked Fish and Batch until they rode for Robins. Compton wasn't popular at Worky when he rode for Sheffield. Sean Tacey was hated by Worky fans in 2004, but then joined them in 2005.

22 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Disliked Fish and Batch until they rode for Robins. Compton wasn't popular at Worky when he rode for Sheffield. Sean Tacey was hated by Worky fans in 2004, but then joined them in 2005.

What did he do in 2004?

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What did he do in 2004?

Flicking the V sign at fans:blink:

"Mad" Malcolm Ballard had a temper on him...remember he and the Kennetts not getting on particularly well. A rider who retired far too early.