British Speedway Forum

I agree Racin but lets be honest, there is no way that they would vote for that as there is far too much self interest. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nick said:

I agree Racin but lets be honest, there is no way that they would vote for that as there is far too much self interest. 

and there's your problem in a nutshell, no vision of the big picture just self interest

5 hours ago, ch958 said:

and there's your problem in a nutshell, no vision of the big picture just self interest

There are lots of official and non-official comments from various promotions about ' considering the bigger picture', rather than what may or may not be best for their individual club.

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There are lots of official and non-official comments from various promotions about ' considering the bigger picture', rather than what may or may not be best for their individual club.

If the governing body were really considering the bigger picture, they would include the stand alone NL clubs at the AGM and not leave them outside looking in.

• Like 4

On 12/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, Skidder1 said:

Pretty bad that it takes a global pandemic to realise this though! :blink: :(

And, Brexit of course!!

Edited by lisa-colette

If the AGM is taken place on the 7th January, If every Track is represented how will this work with the lock downs, 

• Like 1

The first thing they need to do is agree to start on time.

I get really annoyed turning up for an advertised 19:30 start time then not seeing heat 1 before 20:00 then leaving the stadium after 22:00. That's far to long to run a mere 15 minutes of entertainment.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Argos said:

If the AGM is taken place on the 7th January, If every Track is represented how will this work with the lock downs, 

Microsoft Teams/zoom or similar.

Which begs the question who will be the first promoter to attend the AGM in their underpants?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Which begs the question who will be the first promoter to attend the AGM in their underpants?

Probably all of them - Debbie Hancock?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

I'm sure they've all attended previous AGMs in their underpants..........:o

• Like 1

Clearly we don’t have enough riders available to cover the 19 teams. With restrictions on Polish rules etc just seen an article from CVS - surely he is right and we shall move to 6 man teams in 2021 so we can cover rider availability? With that the team average will reduce accordingly.

Be then interesting to see if any top flight clubs or even Champ owners may wish to move leagues as unable to track a competitive side. Wonder if we will see any teams coming down and others going up? 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Is it time to go to 2 leagues , top league 8 teams at a standard in-between premier and championship and then an 11 team league between championship and national League kept at a lower standard than the top league so riders can progress and 6 man teams and riders semi pro in 2nd league to cut costs. Probably me being silly

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bruno said:

Is it time to go to 2 leagues , top league 8 teams at a standard in-between premier and championship and then an 11 team league between championship and national League kept at a lower standard than the top league so riders can progress and 6 man teams and riders semi pro in 2nd league to cut costs. Probably me being silly

Not silly at all. I can't see one big league in this or the near future, so split leagues can get enough riders, with more of the best juniors and more doubling up when necessary.

6 rider teams

Two leagues 6/11

Lower standard in the lower league with more young riders in the reserve positions.

Controlled riding nights to allow for doubling up.   

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, lewy said:

Maybe they are trying to think of a reason to stop Plymouth entering the championship!

Geographically too far north was what i heard on the grapevine, also if it was nearer the sea away fans may make a day out of it

Edited by Triple.H.