British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

How many riders are now actually effected by Poland’s restriction though? All these press releases that keep referencing the problems around rider availability because of Polish restrictions

We’ve already had Jack Holder and Jason Doyle confirm they are going to carry on over here, whilst Robert Lambert, Rohan Tungate and Nicki Pedersen are confirmed as being out. Haven’t seen anything on Dan Bewley or Jaimon Lidsey.

The ‘massive rider availability’ problem is because 5, possibly a few others aren’t riding here? Has to be more to it than that.

Lidsey has signed for vastervik in sweden but doyle & holder were in same team doubt they will challenge forthe title with them gone ? he might think twice and ride in england for Aces ? who knows ? Bewley has only signed in poland which suggests he may stay loyal to b/vue ??

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I didnt realise lockdown also shut of the internet

Of course you won't read this until after the lockdown is finished......:)

No I probably wont

• Like 1

Get the feeling that some Promoters are burying their heads in the sand hoping they don't have to deal with the inevitable.

A week isn't going to make that much difference unless they are all waiting for the Polish Authorities telling them what to do next?

goodness me, that old expression about squabbling over the arrangement of the deck chairs whilst the ship is sinking, has hardly been more applicable

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A weeks delay for what? Little will have changed so why not postpone for a month minimum ?
The government make decisions one day and change them the next so what do the ‘ mafia ‘ think they can predict in one week?

whatever happens in football at the lower levels will dictate if a professional speedway league can proceed with a non limited crowd as a limited crowd is not a viable option for most clubs so nothing will have changed by next week as football is being advised no crowds this season so nothing changes till May.

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Mike bacon's take on speedway's future perhaps 

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mike-bacon-speedway-can-be-great-again-6889064?s=09

All 100% accurate...

But nothing that hasn't been said on here, clubs' own fans forums, and in the Speedway publications, a gazzilion times over the past two decades or so..

Rinse and repeat ad infinitum I am afraid..

The glaring issues have been there for a long, long time and must be obvious to all...

But still not sorted...

A classic example is that they have had a NINE month lead time to plan ahead, plot their own way forward, be in charge (once more), of their own destiny, and what do we have...?

"Give us another week will you?"  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, topaz325 said:

See Bspa bulletin , to do with rider availability and stuff

They’ve had plenty of time and advanced knowledge about the rider issues. 

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Why do riders have to be available at the AGM?

They don’t, I suspect something else behind this decision. The bspa are not known for there honesty. They treat fans with contempt! 

• Like 1

my guess is they are getting confirmation of riders prepared to ride so they can decide on 6 or 7 man teams

25 minutes ago, stevehone said:

my guess is they are getting confirmation of riders prepared to ride so they can decide on 6 or 7 man teams

Should decide on 1 league

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stevehone said:

If correct. Surely this should have been done months ago?

Forget any "Poland throwing a spanner in the works" or 'Brexit issues', as they should have had all riders who wanted to sign, signed up months ago using detailed knowledge of work permit rules..

Anyone hedging their bets, and biding time, should have been given to September end as the latest to confirm or not..

If no answer forthcoming or only a tentative 'yes' then that rider should have been ruled out...

A 100% comittment or nothing at all has to be the way forward..

Then knowing how many unequivocal Yes answers they had, they could then have spent the last three months planning team strengths,  riders per team, provisional  fixture lists, race formats etc..

Its called being in charge of your own destiny..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1