British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

And on Friday nights!

As long as plenty of guests are available.. :D

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Godfreys solution will be that ALL FIXTURES next season should be run at Scunthorpe.;):D

And scunny at home every Friday, and no other Friday fixtures :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, E I Addio said:

What has he lost ? How does he prove his loss ? How can he prove he wouldn’t have crashed on the first bend and been out for the season ?

The three essential parts of a contract are offer acceptance and consideration (ie paymement). But whichever way you break it down the season ends on 31st October all contracts lapse. Speedway has been around long enough that even the thickest of promoters (ie Rob Godfrey) have all these things tied up in standard contracts.

I’m not talking about rolling over 2020 contracts. This is about contracts for 2021 after BSPL said team averages would be unchanged.

Now BSPL want to backtrack, it appears. 

BSPL is now a company so directors personally liable. 

water, neck, up to.

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

I’m not talking about rolling over 2020 contracts. This is about contracts for 2021 after BSPL said team averages would be unchanged.

water, neck, up to.

riders get signed, score badly, get dumped. Where's the contract then?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Operate without a crowd ? Pay out wages with no income ? No income in 2020 and no income in 2021?

Yes that would hurt!

Any format would not work without crowds. My suggestion was obviously based on running with spectators. If and when normality returns then I would like to see one league be tried.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

water, neck, up to.

The whole point of running a company is that directors are NOT personally liable. Besides contracts are with individual clubs not the BSPL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The whole point of running a company is that directors are NOT personally liable. Besides contracts are with individual clubs not the BSPL.

So the BSPL would be guilty of inducing a breach of contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

So the BSPL would be guilty of inducing a breach of contract.

I very much doubt you would get very far with that.

Most of the case law involves poaching of employees (so not relevant) and a key phrase in all the analysis is 'without good reason'. I think the BSPL could argue that "to avoid the total bankruptcy of the sport" was a good reason.

• Like 2

Nothing to do with this topic, but is anybody else getting adverts popping up between postings.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Nothing to do with this topic, but is anybody else getting adverts popping up between postings.  

yep

16 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Yep- pink, blue, yellow and polka dot tablets should be with me any day now :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yep- pink, blue, yellow and polka dot tablets should be with me any day now :D

I think I've got a kitchen arriving for a new bungalow that I seem to have bought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Yip ,very annoying.

Don’t understand the continued reference to the Premiership and Championship. Surely the promotors should be looking at how to save the sport as a whole, singing from one hymn sheet. Internal divisions will not help the sport out of the crisis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Don’t understand the continued reference to the Premiership and Championship. Surely the promotors should be looking at how to save the sport as a whole, singing from one hymn sheet. Internal divisions will not help the sport out of the crisis.

Because they signed a TV contract to provide ‘ Premiership ‘ league racing and if they don’t provide it they have no cash and could be sued for breach of contract.

• Confused 1