British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, RS50 said:

A final paragraph which effectively says "we know something you don't know"???

Eurosport streaming meetings where fans cannot attend ?

19 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Does not specifically state that they are interested in joining this year. One possible explanation. 

A very good point, silly of me to make such an assumption when speedway is involved. Thanks for thinking around the box and keeping me on the straight and narrow. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Ahhhh the good old “details to be revealed in due course” British Speedway classic. What a shambles

The quote of “details to be revealed in due course” really means " if and when we think of something we will let you know:rofl: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

We literally know less now than before the statement! All it’s done is raise more questions and give zero answers. 

Making it up as they go along

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

If that was true then a lot of happy supporters will be grateful.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, poole keith said:

im assuming theyre not stupid people so why do they waste our time putting out such a stupid statement?

And you know what it makes you and me when you assume anything?

33 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Meanwhile.... any news on the biscuit front?

Chocolate digestives were sold out. Had to go with biscuit replacement instead!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Given how positive all the information has been about the Eurosport contract you would hope that it is something along the lines of showing live Speedway, with or without crowds..

The inference has been that they are in it for the 'long haul' and want to see the Sport grow both here and abroad, so maybe they will have decided that they may as well take the plunge now, Covid or not...

They are part of a truly huge organisation so may see funding the excercise worth doing to reap reawards in the coming years..?

Let's hope so...

There has been a real focus, from the comments made by several promoters, on making the top league 'clearly different' so maybe the reason has been to ensure that TV coverage can start as agreed in the contract... 

30 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

If that was true then a lot of happy supporters will be grateful.

Streaming is an idea that at very least must be explored.  OK its not the same as being there, but its likely to be some time before even a small number of fans can go into stadiums.  Charging for a streaming service could potentially be a lifeline for these clubs.

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Does not specifically state that they are interested in joining this year. One possible explanation. 

I suspect that its Plymouth who want to join the Championship and that they will take on the fixtures that had probably been allocated to Somerset. This would make sense as its as difficult to get to Plymouth as Somerset on some days of the week. 

I have edited this as I realise I have used the word sense! Sorry!

Edited by Happy Hunter
addition & spelling!
  • Like 1

The cynic in me says that the new team in the Championship will only be told if they can run after all the current teams have sorted out their teams leaving the new team with no riders to make a competitive team with. 

I hope I am wrong! 

• Like 2

Will mr godfrey be happy if plymouth ride home meetings on friday nights, it could effect his crowds:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The cynic in me says that the new team in the Championship will only be told if they can run after all the current teams have sorted out their teams leaving the new team with no riders to make a competitive team with. 

I hope I am wrong! 

Well if the rumours of Newcastle signing Ben Barker are true it would suggest that you're very much correct.

• Like 1