British Speedway Forum

Having only one season in the NDL I think is a step too far to have some riders chosen to ride in the Premiership. Give them a year in the Championship, at least to get an average, before moving up in to the Premiership irrespective of how people THINK they could be.

17 hours ago, Najjer said:

You’ve answered your own question there... if hospitality is due to reopen in May then surely Speedway in an outdoor environment beginning in May seems reasonable?

How much of a crowd at football matches were they allowed before the tier 3 and Tier 4 was brought in? if it was 2,000 of a 30,000 ish crowd, then speedway will be allowed about 5 people!!:(

16 hours ago, skydog said:

Dan Gilkes is surely ahead of all 4 of those?

I agree, he is at least on par. Good lad with caring parents.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Problem is Dan didn't really do the youth rounds so gets overlooked. Obviously the next batch are already emerging Hagon, James, Harrison, Freeman etc but the production line will need to keep rolling especially if riders edge just over the base grade required and are no longer wanted. 

Perhaps clubs will start to take an interest and offer opportunities to emerging riders again, maybe 2nd halves will be held without riders being treated with contempt. Perhaps some level of development leagues could function, run by dedicated volunteers who genuinely have the best interests of the sport at heart.......oh wait there was one and it got crushed by the BSPL!

Hagon, James and Harrison are 250 riders and about 13/14 years old, whilst Freeman is already a 500cc rider and just behind Palin and the Thompson Twins who are nearly a year older.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

How much of a crowd at football matches were they allowed before the tier 3 and Tier 4 was brought in? if it was 2,000 of a 30,000 ish crowd, then speedway will be allowed about 5 people!!:(

Yes, it was the said figure of 2000 but that was the top figure & not based on stadium capacity so 2000 in 52000 at Anfield or 2000 in 10000 capacity elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yes, it was the said figure of 2000 but that was the top figure & not based on stadium capacity so 2000 in 52000 at Anfield or 2000 in 10000 capacity elsewhere. 

On the old 3 tiers.. Tier 1 max 4000 but 50% so 2000..Tier 2 max 2000 but 50% so 1000. So most speedway in October would have been allowed 1000. That was in Speedway Star at the time. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

As others have already commented, that is incorrect. There may be a maximum restriction but that isn’t likely to effect speedway attendances I wouldn’t of thought.

48 minutes ago, Najjer said:

As others have already commented, that is incorrect. There may be a maximum restriction but that isn’t likely to effect speedway attendances I wouldn’t of thought.

Oh okay, fair enough. Though some speedway tracks don't have all seater stadiums, so how do you make everyone stay in their allocated space?!

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Hagon, James and Harrison are 250 riders and about 13/14 years old, whilst Freeman is already a 500cc rider and just behind Palin and the Thompson Twins who are nearly a year older.

Sam Hagen is a 500 rider Dave

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh okay, fair enough. Though some speedway tracks don't have all seater stadiums, so how do you make everyone stay in their allocated space?!

Other than tying them with some rope to their seat, how do you make sure someone stays in their allocated seat anyway?

Speedway stadiums are more than capable of people going in and being socially distanced safely. 

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Other than tying them with some rope to their seat, how do you make sure someone stays in their allocated seat anyway?

Speedway stadiums are more than capable of people going in and being socially distanced safely. 

I just meant the standing parts of the stadium( the ones that stand for the whole meeting on the bends and that), I guess more stewerds would be needed.

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Sam Hagen is a 500 rider Dave

Yes now.

I remember him as one of the Sam's. In the 250 races 18 months ago it was Sam Hagon Sam McGurk, Sam Norris and Sam Peters nearly every 250 race that year. Until Sam Norris got hurt. :cry:

Edited by Tsunami

7 hours ago, woofers said:

Looking forward to putting the fixtures into my diary later this afternoon

The fixtures, which eight days ago, they said would be published next week?  Hope you didn't run out of ink writing them down. 

17 minutes ago, RS50 said:

The fixtures, which eight days ago, they said would be published next week?  Hope you didn't run out of ink writing them down. 

Yep, those ones.....

Perhaps they’ll be available at the weekend.....and you wonder why there’s so much cynicism about the speedway authorities

Edited by woofers

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You must be seeing something different to me, Freeman is not just behind Palin or Thompson twins. Sorry