British Speedway Forum

On 2/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, IronScorpion said:

From what I remember reading, the engines were not bought by the BSPA but were going to be subsidised by the BSPA, for example, if the engine cost £5500, the rider paid £4000 & the BSPA paid £1500 up to the £350,000 deal.  

Gerhard wanted an investor to enlarge his capability of supplying the engines, the BSPA bit his hand off and handed over the £300,000 with the contract stating the BSPA would be the sole supplier and distributor with a guaranteed number of engines to the BSPA.

16 engines later they fall out over the slowness of production so no more engines , the BSPA management committee have now blown the sports coffers leaving them skint and grasping at straws to get their money back.

Four years later, no more engines no sign of the cash coming back.

Mr. Godfrey gave his last couple of those engines away to a certain junior rider he is courting for the future.

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Gerhard wanted an investor to enlarge his capability of supplying the engines, the BSPA bit his hand off and handed over the £300,000 with the contract stating the BSPA would be the sole supplier and distributor with a guaranteed number of engines to the BSPA.

16 engines later they fall out over the slowness of production so no more engines , the BSPA management committee have now blown the sports coffers leaving them skint and grasping at straws to get their money back.

Mr. Godfrey gave his last couple of those engines away to a certain junior rider he is courting for the future.

Which rider is that then do tell 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

That's a serious accusation to make on a public forum!

36 minutes ago, lewy said:

That's a serious accusation to make on a public forum!

What accusation? I’m not suggesting he did anything illegal or immoral.

They were his engines , he can do what he likes with them!

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Since the end of the AGM have we actually been told anything  ‘ official ‘ from the top table?

Yep there is going to be a rising star programme and speedway will, start in may and they are considering Plymouth moving into the league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Has to be a worry regarding Older fans returning in same numbers. IMO.

all over 50's vaccinated by may announced today sorted for season start :party::t:

Edited by GAH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

What accusation? I’m not suggesting he did anything illegal or immoral.

They were his engines , he can do what he likes with them!

You have contradicted yourself. You assert the engines belonged to the BSPA and you assert that Godfrey gave them away.

Godfrey is NOT the BSPA, so are you suggesting he appropriated BSPA assets to pass on to some mate in junior racing?

(I don't think that was your intention, but it could be read that way)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GAH said:

all over 50's vaccinated by may announced today sorted for season start :party::t:

13 hours ago, StyxofRock said:

Offered first vaccine probably, rather than having had both injections.

The official line was all over 50s to have had 1st jab by the end of May  (the media keep saying "by May" which makes it sound like before May).

That could be read as good news for us, or bad depending what you already think...

Had my Oxford jab yesterday - all good - and was told to expect the appointment for the 2nd jab after Easter!

• Like 1

Groups 1-4, 75% of these groups being over 70, have had their 1st jab. I am in group 7 being over 60 & I expect to have mine towards the end of February. The over 50's(group 9) should be having theirs around the end of March as well as some other groups having their 2nd jab. Going by these figures, the over 50's will have about 65% protection in their bodies by end of April( approx. 3-4 weeks after having 1st vaccine). Those that have had the 2nd jab will have approx. 85% protection.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arnieg said:

You have contradicted yourself. You assert the engines belonged to the BSPA and you assert that Godfrey gave them away.

Godfrey is NOT the BSPA, so are you suggesting he appropriated BSPA assets to pass on to some mate in junior racing?

(I don't think that was your intention, but it could be read that way)

I think he didn’t explain the full gist of the thread from a few years back when all this fiasco was actually happening. Buster and Godfrey actually bought around ten of the engines from the BSPA for themselves , that would be around two thirds of the engines that were delivered into the UK.

A few were sold to riders, mainly juniors but they weren’t popular due to ignition issues. 
I believe he’s saying that Godfrey gave away the last of these engines that he owned, which he was very entitled to do.

Dont think you will ever see one on track again , yet another one of the BSPA’s failures.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, enotian said:

It's a good point as printing costs are replaced by hosting costs etc but you can gain advertising revenue via apps.  The trouble is it's digital advertising so your local plumber etc who'd advertise in the programme might be excluded, although it's not that difficult to make a digital advert.

However, rather than having individual club apps this rather lends itself to an App which covers the whole league(s) so you subscribe to the App and get every scorecard for every match.

That app already exists -   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.krygiel.speedway.programme&hl=en_GB&gl=US 

On 2/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mimmo said:

Why do people always assume everyone has got a smartphone....they haven't. 

And some people still have black & white televisions, but that's no excuse for not developing 4K, BluRay, 8K, cable, satellite, IPTV and other hi-tech solutions as technology advances. If fans want to come to speedway on horseback, and refill their quill pens with Quink before filling out their paper programmes, then they are welcome to do so, as far as I'm concerned, but they shouldn't be used as an excuse to prevent progress. That regressive mindset is what's held the sport back for too long.

• Like 2