British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
superclamp

Valid Prague GP tickets

Hi,

We had tickets for the original Prague GP in June, the tickets were then transferred to the new date Saturday September 19th, has anybody information as to if these tickets are still valid for the Saturday meeting and if so how are they going to social distance as I should imagine the tickets for the original date would have more or less all been sold meaning full capacity.

5 minutes ago, superclamp said:

Hi,

We had tickets for the original Prague GP in June, the tickets were then transferred to the new date Saturday September 19th, has anybody information as to if these tickets are still valid for the Saturday meeting and if so how are they going to social distance as I should imagine the tickets for the original date would have more or less all been sold meaning full capacity.

This is from the Prague Speedway website.- Google translated

"The FIM Speedway Grand Prix will take place in Prague twice! Due to the current situation in the world, several World Championship races have been canceled. Among the stadiums left over for the Grand Prix for 2020 is Prague. The format was consulted several times, between the FIM, the BSI promoter and also other organizers. In the end, all parties agreed on the following solution - the FIM Speedway Grand Prix 2020 will consist of eight laps over four weekends. Today, the Markéta car club agreed with the BSI promoter that the Prague races will be the third stop in the series.

Government measures also do not allow a fully occupied stadium, so the races will be held with a limited number of audiences. For Saturday's plant (September 19, 2020), the capacity is almost filled from the previous pre-sale. Tickets purchased for the original date of June 13 will remain valid for the Saturday race, ie September 19, 2020. Pre-sale will start for Friday's race, but the date will not be earlier than mid-August. If government regulations are tightened, the agreement with the promoter envisages that the races could take place without spectators.

The format of two consecutive World Championship races is a novelty for the Prague Stadium. At the same time, it is a chance for those fans who did not get it after stopping the pre-sale. All other information will be added in the coming days".

My reading of that is they had sold around half of the stadium capacity for the Saturday, so that`s now sold out and tickets for the Friday go on sale soon. As for social distancing, they might try and move people around the sector to sit apart or not bother( pretty sure it will be the latter).

If you are concerned i would suggest emailing the club  sekretariat@speedway-prague.cz  they i`m sure would help.

Racers and Royals

Thank you very much for your reply, I have tried so many different things to get information without any joy, your reply is a great help.

Thanks again.

8 minutes ago, superclamp said:

Racers and Royals

Thank you very much for your reply, I have tried so many different things to get information without any joy, your reply is a great help.

Thanks again.

My pleasure. Are you in Prague on the Friday to do both meetings ?

Racers and Royals

No we dont arrive till 2100ish Friday so will just be at the Saturday meeting, what about yourself.

21 minutes ago, superclamp said:

Racers and Royals

No we dont arrive till 2100ish Friday so will just be at the Saturday meeting, what about yourself.

In front of the TV- although i have been to that GP about 5 or 6 times.

Yeah we go every year, its my Mrs favorite GP but more because of the city I think, although the racing has been getting better there.

Edited by superclamp

37 minutes ago, superclamp said:

Yeah we go every year, its my Mrs favorite GP but more because of the city I think, although the racing has been getting better there.

The old boys playing jazz on Charles bridge is my favourite place in the world.

• Like 2

Yeah I was really looking forward to going back to Prague but with potential quarantines it won't be until next year,  I'm not brilliant at understand the Czech language and it's difficult to translate using the various tools everything when a webpage mostly made up of images :mad: but I think I've managed to transfer our tickets until next year.  You need a very good zoom function to read some of the numbers on the e-ticket which you have to enter.

We too have tickets for the rearranged staging of the GP, however we are waiting til the last minute to book flights etc until we know for certain the regulations. Reading the above it looks as if it could still be behind closed doors so daren't risk paying extra and losing more money... 

Corona numbers are sky high in CZ at the moment.

Germans already need to go in quarantine or provide negative Covid test when returning from Prague.

On 8/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, racers and royals said:

The old boys playing jazz on Charles bridge is my favourite place in the world.

The last time I stood in that spot I thought their average age had come down a little.:)

• Like 1