British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

TALKING DIRT

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If they had added a Y on the end they might get a few more viewers :D

SOMETHING you want to tell us Tim:wub:

Did anyone else watch it ? I watched it on catch up as i forgot it was on ! Some thoughts. Firstly you didn’t have to have a high IQ to see who was paying for it- Monster was mentioned and seen in every segment, what an item on Rallycross was doing on a Speedway programme was ridiculous !! I actually thought Kerri Bloor was better on this programme than she is asking silly questions during a GP. Chris Holder did well for someone who hadn’t done TV work before. Kelvin’s bike bit was good. Pearson and Tatum were obviously in the studio in London so i’m not sure how that will pan out in the future - presumably they will present the programme from the track. The most disappointing thing for me was that this programme was the perfect opportunity to get Holder and Madsen quizzed on the tyre situation- sadly this didn’t happen. Overall i thought it was a decent 1st programme, but please keep it to Speedway.

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Did anyone else watch it ? I watched it on catch up as i forgot it was on ! Some thoughts. Firstly you didn’t have to have a high IQ to see who was paying for it- Monster was mentioned and seen in every segment, what an item on Rallycross was doing on a Speedway programme was ridiculous !! I actually thought Kerri Bloor was better on this programme than she is asking silly questions during a GP. Chris Holder did well for someone who hadn’t done TV work before. Kelvin’s bike bit was good. Pearson and Tatum were obviously in the studio in London so i’m not sure how that will pan out in the future - presumably they will present the programme from the track. The most disappointing thing for me was that this programme was the perfect opportunity to get Holder and Madsen quizzed on the tyre situation- sadly this didn’t happen. Overall i thought it was a decent 1st programme, but please keep it to Speedway.

AGREE with most of that but enjoyed the rallycross segment. Don't see why other aspects of sport shouldn't be included. Of course Monster were heavily promoted. They haven't got much for their buck this season and this was an opportunity to help settle the books as it were.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AGREE with most of that but enjoyed the rallycross segment. Don't see why other aspects of sport shouldn't be included. Of course Monster were heavily promoted. They haven't got much for their buck this season and this was an opportunity to help settle the books as it were.

Lets be honest if  the Rallycross hadn’t featured Monster all over it- it wouldn’t have been on !!!

58 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Lets be honest if  the Rallycross hadn’t featured Monster all over it- it wouldn’t have been on !!!

Don't IMG do the rallycross as well with Paul Bellamy and Torben Olsen working on that. Bit of promotion going on maybe for their other events

23 minutes ago, severnsider said:

Don't IMG do the rallycross as well with Paul Bellamy and Torben Olsen working on that. Bit of promotion going on maybe for their other events

Torben Olsen has left IMG he now works for Supercharge group.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

DOES that really matter? It was about electric cars not the Monster product.

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES that really matter? It was about electric cars not the Monster product.

It obviously mattered to me !! it was like watching a paid advert. Surely they could have found something Speedway for 5 minutes instead of that- ie going through what the FIM/BSI have instigated for Covid in the GP`s in  2020. That would have been interesting but as Monster weren`t involved in that i can understand why it wasn`t on ;)

I FF'd through it, it was easy :lol:

9 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's the old assumption that anyone interested in speedway must be interested by other motor sports. Would you put rugby in a football programme because both involve pitches and balls? No.....you know what I mean ;-)

Being taken as "Just another motorsport" has been the bane of speedway's existence. Just look at the new SGP scoring system designed to "Fit in with other motor sports" or TV presentation of speedway in the not too distant past making references to motorcycle racing in general and talking about their stars as if they were also household names to us. 

Most of the supporters I've known over the years are more likely to follow non-league football or ice hockey than anything else with a motor in. 

I have found the opposite to you , when I used to go to Wimbledon speedway & stock cars  I used to see other people who watched both sports.

The same happened when I was a regular at Reading speedway on a monday night , I would often see some of the same faces at Aldershot stock cars on a thursday night

Have friends interested in speedway who also follow moto cross , moto GP , formula 1 etc.

• Like 2

What did grind my gears was Pearson not knowing what the show was called.

He kept saying Talking Dirt Powered by Monster Energy, despite all the screens and posters saying "fueled" by Monster Energy. 

Tell you are getting older when such irrelevance annoys you ....  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, iainb said:

I FF'd through it, it was easy :lol:

Yes enjoyed it but fast forwarded the rallycross and Darcy Ward items.

• Like 1