British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rusky

BT Sport rip-off -Surprised ?

The only sport we watch on BT is the Speedway, so as its coming up to the BSI 8 weeks of action we thought we would get BT sports. Now we live in an area where there is a BT monopoly for broadband as its full fibre and BT have monopoly agreement in place (well actually its Openreach, but the same thing....) whereby BT & Plusnet are the only options open to us as ISP's. You would think its fairly logical to be able to get BT Sport added to my Sky subscription fairly easily.

If you go to the BT website there is an option to view BT Sport to a SKY box for £29.99 a Month, on a Monthly rolling contract. Great I thought, can see all of the SGP & SON in HD for £59.98  as I would only need 2 Months subscription. Guess what, if you are on BT Broadband, this offer isnt open to you, instead we'll do you 2 years at £20 a Month in SD, If you want HD its an extra £6.50 a Month for 21 Months (You get 3 Months free). :oops::oops:

50 minutes ago, rusky said:

The only sport we watch on BT is the Speedway, so as its coming up to the BSI 8 weeks of action we thought we would get BT sports. Now we live in an area where there is a BT monopoly for broadband as its full fibre and BT have monopoly agreement in place (well actually its Openreach, but the same thing....) whereby BT & Plusnet are the only options open to us as ISP's. You would think its fairly logical to be able to get BT Sport added to my Sky subscription fairly easily.

If you go to the BT website there is an option to view BT Sport to a SKY box for £29.99 a Month, on a Monthly rolling contract. Great I thought, can see all of the SGP & SON in HD for £59.98  as I would only need 2 Months subscription. Guess what, if you are on BT Broadband, this offer isnt open to you, instead we'll do you 2 years at £20 a Month in SD, If you want HD its an extra £6.50 a Month for 21 Months (You get 3 Months free). :oops::oops:

You can add it for £25 a month through Sky on a 31 day rolling contract so will only cost you £50. Log into your Sky account and you add the BT Sport package from your offers menu.

If you have bt broadband you get bt sport free if you use the app and watch on a tablet or link tablet to your telly

9 hours ago, Neila said:

If you have bt broadband you get bt sport free if you use the app and watch on a tablet or link tablet to your telly

Hi Neila, they wouldn’t do that for me. The App was £20 / Month on a rolling 1 Month contract. I didn’t really want the app, I wanted it on my Sky box so that I could record and watch at my leisure as I will be working when some of these events are on. They know they have me over a barrel as such as I can’t cancel my broadband due to the monopoly they have in place in my area in terms of ISP

You used to be able to watch the "world feed" for free on YouTube if you have a VPN package, I assume that's still the case for this year

16 hours ago, Tim G said:

You can add it for £25 a month through Sky on a 31 day rolling contract so will only cost you £50. Log into your Sky account and you add the BT Sport package from your offers menu.

I got caught out by this when I tried to suspend my BT subscription at the same time as Skysports. They (Sky) said ok they would do that but the BT bills kept coming. I phoned BT to ask why because I said that I'd suspended BT Sports through Sky but they didn't explain that my BT Sports wasn't actually anything to do with Sky. They did suspend the account although I've now cancelled their more expensive £29.99 account because I can do it through Sky for £25 if needed. 

12 hours ago, rusky said:

Hi Neila, they wouldn’t do that for me. The App was £20 / Month on a rolling 1 Month contract. I didn’t really want the app, I wanted it on my Sky box so that I could record and watch at my leisure as I will be working when some of these events are on. They know they have me over a barrel as such as I can’t cancel my broadband due to the monopoly they have in place in my area in terms of ISP

Strange watched Moto GP on tablet via app last few weeks no extra charge to do it, got a very good phone/broadband deal for next 2 years. Will be peeded off if they try and charge.  I Just downloaded bt app from play store ( or similar, ) then use bt account details to log into app no problems

Edited by Neila
Updated

We have a great deal as well £29.99 for broadband BT Sports free via the sky box and we pay £6.99 for HD that’s on a 18month contract if we was happy with SD it be free . It’s the second time we’ve had this deal as long as renewed before contract expires. 

My missus cancelled BT sport at the start of the lockdown. SKY sports will be next. Watching football matches behind closed doors don't do it for me.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

My missus cancelled BT sport at the start of the lockdown. SKY sports will be next. Watching football matches behind closed doors don't do it for me.

It seems loads of people agree with you........ since its comeback, I don't know anyone who says they are enjoying football, including me......... still, if it saves 2 lives every 6 weeks.........

34 minutes ago, JC71 said:

It seems loads of people agree with you........ since its comeback, I don't know anyone who says they are enjoying football, including me......... still, if it saves 2 lives every 6 weeks.........

I've accepted the situation. This seasons FA cup final was the first domestic Arsenal final I've missed in 40 years. With little chance of grounds returning to full capacity anytime soon, I'll give my support to my local non league clubs, that are due to get going next week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I've accepted the situation. This seasons FA cup final was the first domestic Arsenal final I've missed in 40 years. With little chance of grounds returning to full capacity anytime soon, I'll give my support to my local non league clubs, that are due to get going next week.

Enjoy that whilst you can..