British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rusky

BT Sport rip-off -Surprised ?

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

My missus cancelled BT sport at the start of the lockdown. SKY sports will be next. Watching football matches behind closed doors don't do it for me.

The artificial crowd has made it somewhat more bearable.. without that, it would be impossible.

But even that will only keep interest for so long. Quarter full stadiums won't do it either.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Enjoy that whilst you can.. 

I take each day as it comes. I haven't been to football since March 14, but I've managed to squeeze in a couple of speedway meetings at Lydd and Scunthorpe. Hopefully i'll get to a few more. 

Edited by cityrebel
Mistake in post

On 8/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, rusky said:

The only sport we watch on BT is the Speedway, so as its coming up to the BSI 8 weeks of action we thought we would get BT sports. Now we live in an area where there is a BT monopoly for broadband as its full fibre and BT have monopoly agreement in place (well actually its Openreach, but the same thing....) whereby BT & Plusnet are the only options open to us as ISP's. You would think its fairly logical to be able to get BT Sport added to my Sky subscription fairly easily.

If you go to the BT website there is an option to view BT Sport to a SKY box for £29.99 a Month, on a Monthly rolling contract. Great I thought, can see all of the SGP & SON in HD for £59.98  as I would only need 2 Months subscription. Guess what, if you are on BT Broadband, this offer isnt open to you, instead we'll do you 2 years at £20 a Month in SD, If you want HD its an extra £6.50 a Month for 21 Months (You get 3 Months free). :oops::oops:

If you have Plusnet for Broadband then BT sport SD via Sky is just £10 a month, no tie in.  Can't see why BT broadband customers would be charged any more?

Edited by SPEEDY69

56 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

If you have Plusnet for Broadband then BT sport SD via Sky is just £10 a month, no tie in.  Can't see why BT broadband customers would be charged any more?

I was with Plusnet (is owned by BT, as is EE) a few years ago and took out BT sport via SKY and it was £10 month. I did just the 7 month speedway season for £70.

My mobile sim is with Plusnet, which is an EE sim. £7.50 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 3gb data. BT and EE are expensive, Plusnet is good value.

My problem now is..... I am on fast fibre, 72mbps, and BT is not opening up to other suppliers yet, not even Plusnet. This means if I moved away to get Plusnet, or anyone else’s deal, I would go back to 1.2 mbps and I don’t want to see the spinning wheel again.

That's really slow.  I am not on any fast fibre deal or anything but get way more than 1.2 download speed with Plusnet.  It used to be around 3 to 5 but within the last few months it's gone up to 18-20.  Perfectly fine for anything we want to throw at it.  I think you may be surprised at the speed you might get now. 

That 1.2 was on a good day, sometimes below 1. I do a check not only on Plusnet but TalkTalk and Sky etc and that’s the best I can get, 1.2. When the speedway contract with BT ends will have to see what the situation is then.

couldnt believe it when I chatted with the Openreach guys that were working in a box down below the pavement opposite my home, and they told me fast fibre was coming soon.  But it did!

Edited by OveFundinFan

Join www.sportsmania.rocks

About a Thousand sports channels around the world. HD. Plus catchup. About 30 quid for 6 months. Been a member for 6 years. 
Every sports channel you can think of except Polish ones.

BT, Sky, every Premier match in HD inc sat 3 pm kickoffs.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Join www.sportsmania.rocks

About a Thousand sports channels around the world. HD. Plus catchup. About 30 quid for 6 months. Been a member for 6 years. 
Every sports channel you can think of except Polish ones.

BT, Sky, every Premier match in HD inc sat 3 pm kickoffs.

Do the streams disappear every 30 minutes or do they last the duration of the event?

My bt contracts up in November, I can't remember where the GPS are being shown in 2021. Is it bt or Eurosport?

BT IMO amongst the most greedy avaricious out fits in the world 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

BT IMO amongst the most greedy avaricious out fits in the world 

Customer service is appalling, other fine employers are Arnold Clark, Wetherspoons and British Gas.

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Ouch , another year paying for BT sports (price increase in November).

What i never understand is that I have Sky Q with a mini box, the whole goes to main box which distributes it to mini box, yet they charge me twice

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

BT last year of contract

Thanks r & r they've just increased my sport from £6 to £10 a month and the broadband cheaper elsewhere. Time to give up the sport and move elsewhere methinks