British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rusky

BT Sport rip-off -Surprised ?

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Do you then cast it to your tv to get the bigger picture experience?

dont think you can cast it to your tv .

1 minute ago, jenga said:

neither do I

BT also have an app which is on Samsung tv’s, PlayStation and Apple TV so no need to cast it if you own any of these products.

when I was with ee I could cast it to my tv using a chrome cast from my iPad 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, iainb said:

Do the streams disappear every 30 minutes or do they last the duration of the event?

The channels are all HD and never really go down. Not like fishing for a stream elsewhere. You can pay via PayPal as well. I just paid 35 quid for a year. Like I said every sports channel plus many foreign. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310807899443643

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

Download ‘Chromecast Streamer’ from AppStore. You can then cast any url/stream to your tv. As long as you have Chromecast dongle or built in Chromecast on your smart tv.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Don't worry Jenga I keep a close eye on what's happening,  £25 a Month for bt is good IMO and at the moment bt sports app is free to watch :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i think i have mentioned this before , you may get a good/great deal on the day from BT sport . but you will find that your contract is tweaked a bit by BT as the months go on .

the SMALL print on the contract says they can and often do increase your monthly out goings and there is jack you can do about . 

also be careful if you are offered any new device (BThalo sender for your bedroom ,etc ) that puts you into another 18 month contract believe it or not . 

5 hours ago, Neila said:

Don't worry Jenga I keep a close eye on what's happening,  £25 a Month for bt is good IMO and at the moment bt sports app is free to watch :rolleyes:

Surely, BT sports app is free to watch whilst you are subscribing to BT sports.

7 hours ago, jenga said:

Whoops, I better not tell BT know that I do then.

Of course you can. I have BT Sport on the tv so I can record it,  it also on my phone and iPad, handy when I go on holiday.

7 hours ago, jenga said:

i think i have mentioned this before , you may get a good/great deal on the day from BT sport . but you will find that your contract is tweaked a bit by BT as the months go on .

the SMALL print on the contract says they can and often do increase your monthly out goings and there is jack you can do about . 

also be careful if you are offered any new device (BThalo sender for your bedroom ,etc ) that puts you into another 18 month contract believe it or not . 

The law has changed, all providers can only increase once per year )at a set time), and only in accord with Retail Price Increase (or is it Consumer Price Increase), so the increase is fixed percentage wise. It’s the same with mobile phones. 

i have read BT adverts, and they are clear whether or not that offers of new devices incurr a new contract period.

its always is a case of buyer beware, but now the law is obligating businesses to be more up front.

What you do get with BT I find is that Customer Service is a lot better then some other providers that may be cheaper, I hear some have what is said to be a very trying (to the customer) experience. Hopefully problems with the service is far and few between, but when it occurs it can be very frustrating to have to wait ages for a reply never mind action.

i remember 3.5 years ago I was waiting for ages to get faster broadband in, I emailed the BT chairman (I read he was very open to receiving customer complaints), and surprised to receive an answer within a few hours, in the evening, and a call next day from his secretary telling me they were looking into it, which they did. I kept the complaint factual, to the point, and polite. Worked for me.

Edited by OveFundinFan

oh reet . thanks for putting me right .   cheers .

one of the selling points to me was the call centres were all answered by proper english speaking operators  based in the uk .. ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Surely, BT sports app is free to watch whilst you are subscribing to BT sports.

Only got bt phone/broadband won't pay for bt sport as it's mainly football, just watch app for speedway GP and Moto GP

13 minutes ago, Neila said:

Only got bt phone/broadband won't pay for bt sport as it's mainly football, just watch app for speedway GP and Moto GP

Sorry to sound thick but I don't do techy, if I get a good deal on bt broadband and get rid of the sport can I still get the bt sport app on my tablet? 

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Sorry to sound thick but I don't do techy, if I get a good deal on bt broadband and get rid of the sport can I still get the bt sport app on my tablet? 

I have got only bt phone/broadband package then download bt sport app,  got to use account login details to access app, then watch all by sport channels, for the moment it's a perk for bt customers

• Like 1

My bt sport gets switched off in a few weeks. I got a good deal on my broadband with them but they wouldn't let me sign up for 12 months with the sport only 2 years which is no good for the speedway. If I phone up next April do they let you just switch the sport on for 6 months anyone know

Plusnet, which is part of BT (as is EE) does a. tSport for £10 per month on a monthly  contract. Means you can do the speedway season for £70. Give them a call, although part of BT they cheaper for broadband.