British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

I wonder when the draw will be done ? Will they do both day`s ? or day 1 first and day 2 after round 1 is finished.

Edit if the GP website is correct the draw for Friday is on Thursday 27th at 4pm local time. and Saturday`s draw is on Friday 28th at 4pm local

Edited by racers and royals

Friday morning and Saturday morning I would guess? 

Edited by topaz325

How long does it take to print programs? Is the morning of the meeting giving enough time, or are they done overnight?

12 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

How long does it take to print programs? Is the morning of the meeting giving enough time, or are they done overnight?

The draw has never actually been printed in the programme, since they stopped doing the draw at the previous round. Most of the GP programmes i have bought have had an insert with the draw- although some didn`t.

From the media confirmation:

"Due to COVID-19, there will be no Qualifying or Practice this year. A random draw will be made by the FIM and released on the Thursday afternoon before the event weekend."

Don`t seem to be selling the tickets. Serves them right they should have had a 2 day event on the original date in July (when they were getting 50% in the stadium for League racing)

Can`t see past Zmarzlik to hold onto his crown. Hope I`m wrong would love to see Tai win it again.

Intrigued to see how betting will work on this, particularly the rider match ups. A rider could outscore another but not get more GP points than them in some cases!

34 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

Intrigued to see how betting will work on this, particularly the rider match ups. A rider could outscore another but not get more GP points than them in some cases!

How ??

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Because of the revised points scoring system.

The bookmakers will be betting on points scored during the 20 heats and the 1,2,3,4- they will not be betting on the new  GP points 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

The bookmakers will be betting on points scored during the 20 heats and the 1,2,3,4- they will not be betting on the new  GP points 

That’s what I thought.:t:

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Decent. It would've been a lottery if they went with GP points!

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

So +/- expected points and rider match ups won't carry over to incorporate the semis and finals I presume?

1 minute ago, Kedavra said:

So +/- expected points and rider match ups won't carry over to incorporate the semis and finals I presume?

They never have done- certainly with Bet 365 they haven`t - not sure about every bookmaker.

• Thanks 1